Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Can't calibrate different plotter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boss429
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Can't calibrate different plotter? Reply with quote Back to top

With my 2200 I have a Cannon ipf700 to print to but my kip color 1.2.1 software only has the calibration capability for a HP plotter. Can I buy a driver or ??? so I can calibrate to my Cannon plotter?

DCP00
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You will have to update (Purchase) your KIP COLOR Software . Currently on 2.1 then you will be able to calibrate your Cannon IPF 700

boss429
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rough idea of cost?

boss429
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That rings a bell. Do I need powerprint 6.x also? I'm only running 5.x.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If your trying to direct copy to an Cannon, I don't think it matters if you're running 6.x or 5.x. It is irrelevant. But you might need the 2.1 color software. If your 2200 is under 1 year old, to update the keycode and software is about 400. If it is more than 1 years old and you never renewed the keycode, it is an additional 1600. I know because I just had to do this for a customer.

boss429
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

$ouch$-I may have to suffer a while longer!
Thanks for the info.
Dealer told me I had to buy the Kip 6.x software.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FYI
To upgrade to 6.5 if you are running NT then it's about $550.00 L/P. You have to upgrade the operating system. If you're running XP then KIP just charges shipping of the CD, about $15 bucks or so. Plus the color software upgrade price.

boss429
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My dealer is telling me I need the $4000.00 kip 6.x software to be able to run the color software that looks like it's $2000.00.

Is he waaaay off base? sure seems so!

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My guy has a Kip2200 scanner connected directly to his color plotter and a PC workstation to run the KIP Color Max software that is ver.2.1. If I can remember, he doesn't have the KIP Windows driver, KIP Scan software, Kip Request software or any Powerprint based software on this PC, all he has is the KIP Color Max software. I will double check and repost, but I'm pretty sure.

boss429
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm back a year later. Yes my color software is the 1.21 version. Never knew there was a keycode to keep up with. Any Kip dealer out there to sell me the 2.x color software???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: