Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

I'm Back......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nashdog

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: I'm Back...... Reply with quote Back to top

My contract with KIP has expired and I have rejoin the Keep It Printing "Army of many". I would like to thank all of you who helped me thru the last few months of my forced service obligation. I look forward to using this forum to help me thru my KIP woes, but with the Kip Doc as my service provider I am sure they will be few and far between. I would like to add, as much as we all bitch about the organization of KIP, the product they make is the best on the market, and the 8000 ROCKS!!!! I am working on helping three or four small clients get a 3000 when they come out. From what I have seen and read, it is going to take the smaller volume market by storm. Kudos to KIP for another good product (we hope).....

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see you are back, But you wussed out and were scared when the idle fact is you have rights too!!!!

Good luck and the doc is thte man for the job.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He didn't wuss out. KIP wanted to play hardball and needed to make an example of someone. And look how good it worked out for them by being jerks. They lose another contract to one of the many independants that are going to rule this service world. Anyone that is still a service tech for K mart had better seriously rethink thier carreer path. There are not going to be many of you left.

Nashdog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wussed out....just for that you aren't getting a possible sales lead, one you could have taken from a Boston area competitor....Just kidding, you might get it any way. Anything to keep the sale out of the other bad three letter words hands. I backed down because it wasn't worth the aggravation and they CUT my price by about 25% to keep me. Not worth that aggravation there either, but like I said I am back where I belong, in a trusted friends hands.

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nash Just Joking, Glad to see you hear, Hope all works out you know how find me if ya need something !

Holla if ya want to !

Nashdog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah yeah yeah...too late to suck up buddy, I gave the sale away.....still just kidding Very Happy I will get in touch soon to get some numbers. I have a client that is dieing with a 2000 they just can't seem to keep running. I would love to help them into a 6000. Is a used 2000 worth anything to you?

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Used 2000 are gonna be real cheap 3000 tops if its in working conditionm.
Not really

KipMan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No matter how good you think the 3000 is going to be, it will be better! The only problem I see will be getting them!

Ricoh and Seiko are in big trouble and they know it.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The doctor agrees with the KIPMAN. I have been looking over the service manual for the 3000 and I think the boys from FH (actually Tokyo) have got it right. Now if we could just give the 3000 to a company that actually knows how to market a top notch product they might just dominate the market. I wonder what the boys at Konica Minolta are doing?

KIP PhD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: KIP Stories Reply with quote Back to top

Konica-Minolta will have the same problem as other copier companies selling KIP.

Sales turnover is too high. Learning curve is too long. Reps starve before they can get through the selling cycle. The "got to close it now" mentality of copier reps and managers will turn off wide-format customers.

Copier reps are typically young and inexperienced and receive little product training. They rarely last long enough to develop the necessary industry knowledge to be successful.

Fear not KM, Ikon couldn't, neither can they long term.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Stories All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: