Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

2100 scanner both Leds red error 0X0001

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2100 Scanner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: 2100 scanner both Leds red error 0X0001 Reply with quote Back to top

Need some assistance on this. Both operation LEDs are red and the above error pops when trying to run scan software. Reset everything and reset the USB cable. No luck. Any ideas?

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't worked on many of these, so this is a WAG.
In windows, error codes are long but the only part that matters is the last few digits.
Wildly extrapolating from there, the manual shows a error "1" being a memory error or i/o issue.
I could be totally wrong.

Scott

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey KipDoctor, I have the same thing on my 2100 scanner. It's a intermittent problem and I found what it's meen ( both red light ) in the user book.

The user manuel said it's a machine problem !?!....For me, I don't have any fu%$ problem with the machine !!!!! it printing fine even if the scanner is in error code !!!

I check on scanner: memory SIMM,pintch wires, connectors, electrical voltage, ground, did a PC shading, did scanner shading and finally change USB cable from port 1 to port 2 on IPS.

Like I told you, it's a intermittent problem so I don't know if I found the problem or not.

I would like to know if you found the solution for that problem, what are the news ?

Thanks in advance.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got some another news for you guys...

I return to customer place for same problem and did another customer with same problem too and I resolved the problem by doing a "Service shading".

The connected shading by laptop doesn't work cause it won't connect. So do a Service Shading and don't forget to unplug the USB cable BEFORE turning on the power and enter in service mode ( That's not wrote in the service book ).

good luck

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just an update on this problem that is still happening. Did the service shading and checked all the cooling fans. Everything looks good.
My customer tells me that after about 50 scans or so this will happen. Both red lights on and locked up. Turn off for a an hour or so and back to scanning. Any ideas? Kip are you listening? What's up with that?

Toner Monkey
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You might be able to pull the exact error with the service software. If both lights are persistently staying on, boot into service mode by holding both buttons on the scanner down while turning it on. Then use the firmware update software in monitor mode to do a syserror.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Doc, I had that 2 lights sometimes after I found the solution and what I do now, I clean all the optics before doing the service shading.

When customer call me and they are far, I just tell them to clean the white guide plus the glass itself, after they do the shading and no more problem.

You might also have a defective lamp, CCD, boards...

Just as reminder, try to use another USB port and don't forget to unplug the USB cable before doing service shading.

Did you try to put back the Firmware ? Maybe it will resolve the problem...

Hope you will find it !

good luck

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: two flashing red leds Reply with quote Back to top

Did any body figure this one out ? I have one doing this and locks up. Can't seem to resolve with shading.
Seems to be a firmware issue!
Any suggestions? Help please!

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: 2 Red Led's Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's Fixed!! Don't let tail end of a stack of drawings on the rear rack block exit sensor!!
Dumb Operator!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2100 Scanner All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: