Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip response times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob in MW

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Kip response times Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering, what has been your experience with call back times from the Kip tech support. I had a guy waiting three hours the other day for a call only to get one and the guy had no idea what could cause the issue. Told my guy to order some expensive parts (at my cost) and then call back.

This is not acceptable from a manufacturer. What is going on with tech support? It seems to have gone from bad to worse. Anyone else?

Master Po

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: KIP STORIES Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for your trouble. You are obviously a relatively new dealer. Some friendly advice.

1. Register at this forum.

2. Find out what the Doctor drinks.

3. Send him a case of it.

The serious answer is that the there has been substantial turnover in KIP Tech Support in the last 24 months. Also, many of the country's top techs have gone AWOL or into business for themselves. (who do you think posts here). The inside guys at KIP have little to no field experience.

Send me a PM and I can give you a friend of mine to talk to.

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just for the record each rsm sets his/her requirments for response time.
Take into consideration if the client may have left message on voicemail at kc3 or the possiblity they maybe on credit hold and the call doesnt go anywhere! And you get no response, Which is warranted!

there are a vast group of knowledgable techs her and I even here a few ex kip guys and maybe some current kip guys.
another great place to look is wideformat magazine i hear some great independeent companies advertise there and give phone support for free!

Another way is call IPC and speak to Kent jr, I am sure he can point you in the right direction for direct contact with someone !

Good luck and by no means this is not an alternative to KIP but an assistance. You should always try them first.

Rokus van Iper-Halen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Three hours doesn't seem very long. At least they called you back at all!

I agree the tech should have had a clue. But are you expecting that they should send the parts at their cost?

Bob in MW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Forgive me. I am used to tech support that you can call and actually get support. It seems that there are no hardware people at the main office, they have to page some tech in east oshkosh and then he has to stop what he is doing to call someone that means absolutely nothing to him.
What kind of support system is that? And this is the number two player in the wide format world? We really are in serious trouble.

And no, I don't expect parts for free, but the ones the tech suggested were crazy expensive and that didn't even end up being the problem.

There must be a better way to support the dealers that you rely on to promote your product, isn't there?

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bob

Picture this?
You are on a time and material call you get a call from another client and or one of your techs for assistance via phone. The problem maybe legnthy before you even get to the root(you trace the commonly asked question, then move on to the next questions) This may take some time, While you are doing this your client you are with is down and paying you to assist someone else and your attention is truely now focused on him.
You think he wants to pay you for this time and how do you determine to bill him?

Not everyone weather its a KIP,OCE or DEALER can muti-task efficentianly.

When you drop your car off for service how long do you wait to find out whats wrong before they actually call you back? At the doctors office how long do you wait after your scheduled time?

Its not fair to put a time limit for call back when these Kip employees also have deadlines and are engauge in calls themselves, However when you do get to someone the answer should at least help or point you somewhere you havent been.

There isnt an easy solution,But there is assistance, In this forum in response to you quest for quicker response some direction was given, If you choose not to take it the onis is on you, Dont blame kip, to be efficiant is to overcome obsticals and hit them straight on !

Kip will assist you if not the doc is here and your answers my young padaquan will be answered if you follow the force !

Master Po

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: KIP Stories Reply with quote Back to top

Who is this posting as KIP Intern and what has he done with the real Intern?

New Avatar, suddenly KIP's biggest defender, even the spelling is better.

The truth about KIP Hardware support is that there are not any dedicated hardware people in Detriot.

Another truth is that most KIP Dealers do other things like copiers and repro and do not spend the money for the level of tech required. Also, KIP training is expensive and field support is minimal. KIP is not their main focus and many do not put their best techs or sales people on it.

KIP America is a big company in wide-format, but it is actually a relatively small company. Copier dealers who sign up for the KIP Experience are spoiled by the likes of Ricoh, Canon, Mita, Konica and the rest. These are multi-billion dollar companies who support tens of thousands of field units. One can not expect KIP (with sales of less than $100 mil) to play at the same level.

KIP is KIP. They will not change for anyone, no matter how big a dealer people may think they are. Two choices only: Stop selling KIP, or learn to be indeoendant of them. Don't have a heart atack over what you can not change.

The Master

PS I liked the old avatar better K.I.

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OH Master Po,

This is The New and Improved Kip intern, He is very wise these days and see the world as it is(dealer World) they have shown the true colors Lately. Also He sold this screen name to our company ,he a true wise business man!!! It cost a bit but he's no fool.

Now if you want to talk shop or issues the force is strong in this one !!!

Later GUEST?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this the #$%Forum?

Master PO. You were probably the same on that forum as well.

Is no one ever happy in this industry?

Guest.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kipintern wrote:

When you drop your car off for service how long do you wait to find out whats wrong before they actually call you back? At the doctors office how long do you wait after your scheduled time?

Its not fair to put a time limit for call back when these Kip employees also have deadlines and are engauge in calls themselves, However when you do get to someone the answer should at least help or point you somewhere you havent been.

At least half the time, when I call KIP, I do not get a call back at all. Most of the time, thats OK, because I will muddle along with whatever PC knowledge I have (I pretty much deal only from the PPEC to the STF). Unfortunately, when I do need the help, about half the time, I don't get a response within a week, which makes us look bad, and it makes KIP look bad. This sometimes has caused me to come up with 'Unofficial Fixes' for the controller. I remember once dropping extra memory into a controller that was acting sluggish on PDF/X files, because no one at KIP would respond to the issue. A year later, they ultimately let me know that there had been a patch for it, but since the added memory (bringing the machine from 256 to 1g) worked fine, and the client site 3 hours away.... well you get the idea.

A year is a bit long to wait for a response, don't you think?

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes a year is too long, but!

I actually fine that hard to believe, I never would stand for that and if you do, shame on you for allowing yourself an d customer to be treated like that , next time pick up the phone and use the tools here to get your answwers !

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel the same way all you do about the call back time I got where I just now tell the customer if I need help I be back in a few hours when I do call for help about once every two months and I know it will take a few hours before I hear from them. They want us to sell more equipment but lets face it we need customer to say yes they give great fast service, but if we need help we don't need to wait a haft of day.

I love my grandkids and My Country
I just don't love what my Govt is doing to MY COUNTRY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Stories All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: