Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Low Fuser Temperature E-000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keving98
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Low Fuser Temperature E-000 Reply with quote Back to top

I had to replace a fuser gear and when I put the machine back together I now get the Low Fuser Temperature E-000 error. I triple-checked all of the connections and pulled the fuser again and looked for any sliced or pinched wires -- everything looks o.k. For what it's worth, there is continuity when I test either end of the lamp.

One other thing I should mention: when I put the KIP back together the first time, I forgot to plug in the largest (with the two wires that lead directly to the lamp) harness. Is it possible that the error from forgetting to plug that in the first time just needs to be cleared or reset?

Any idea what to look at next. Is there a fuse or breaker somewhere that I should look at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin G

Desertdog
resident

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YES. You have to enter service mode and clear the error. I did the same exact thing. I stood there scratching my head for a while, then the light bulb turned on, and I felt like an idiot.

keving98
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Service Mode Reply with quote Back to top

I see in the service manual that I'm supposed to hold down the menu key whilst powering on the printer. I have no idea what they're talking about. How do I enter the service mode?

Sorry for being such a knucklehead.

UPDATE: I see now they're referring to the "Sub User Interface" on the front of the printer. I don't have a "Sub User Interface". How do I go into Service Mode without one?

UPDATE 2: Okay, I really am a knucklehead. I was going by memory when I said I didn't have a "Sub User Interface" on my machine -- I thought I would have remembered a little LCD screen on the front of the printer. I went out to the site today to make sure and what do you know a little LCD screen and keypad underneath a plastic plate.

Cleared the error in Service Mode and presto, everything is back to normal.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin G

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: