Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Nightmares with sleep mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
New2KIP
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Nightmares with sleep mode Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everybody.

I've posted this problem before, but now i have more info regarding the problem.

I have now checked every single place that i can think of that could affect the sleep modes (including CMOS), but still i can't get the sleep modes of my KIP3000 to work... at all

Warm sleep doesn't work, cold sleep doesn't work, sleep and wake times, don't work. The only thing that the machine does, is once every hour or so it shuts the PC down, but the main unit is still on, and the only way to restart the machine is to either turn of the main switch, wait a couple of seconds and turn it back on, or disconnect and reconnect the power cord.

during testing I've noticed that if i set the warm sleep to 15 mins and wait it out, ater 15 minutes when its supposed to enter the warm sleep mode, all that happens is a feint line flashes across the KIP UI, but nothing happens. Same goes if I set the Sleep time and wait for that to happen. I've tested the standby features of Windows XP running on the PC and that seems to work fine. It's almost as if the Windows just ignores the request from the KIP UI to enter the standby modes.

Below is the Software versions of my KIP3000

software version 1.2.275
Firmware K105SC 2.00
Print EProm Q105X13B
Restore Image 6.5.21.02

I've just downloaded Restore Image 6.5.362.02 from the KIP America Site

Also, one last thing, does anybody know what can be done to get the KIP Windows driver to pop up for the requestor information when accounting is used, like the AutoCAD driver.

Thanx in advance guys. I really appreciate any help or ideas

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should not be changing any settings in Win or CMOS at all. I think Dlee was on to your sleep wake time issue by not having the proper time set in the software. Go to "?" and then "configuration" then on page 5 of 6 you can set the system time. I have not had any problems or heard of any of the problems you describe. You have advanced controls in "service" Hit "?" then "service" then "8495107" then you can see that you have the option to lock down these changes and so on...

New2KIP
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been there, checked that. In fact that was the first thing I checked this morning when i got to the machine.

The settings in CMOS that I had to check was as per a Tech Bulletin which said to check and change (if necessary) the following

ACPI Standby State >>>>>>>>>> S1/POS
Restore on AC Power Loss> >>>>> On
Power On by Keyboard >>>>>>>> On
Power On by Mouse >>>>>>>>>> On
Power On by PCI/PCI-E Device >>> On

The first two, and last setting above did not match on my machine, so I changed it.

The setting in windows that I changed was the setting in the properties of the NIC in Device Manager to "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby". This was also as per the bulletin that I have

The only other setting that I've changed in Windows, is I disabled the "automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes". All other settings were done from within the KIP UI.

Do you think maybe it is a good idea to restore the machine back to factory default, and attempt these settings again?

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. I think it is a good idea to restore the computer. You can use the re-ghost option in the service mode. Then try the sleep / wake settings.

The only time I have had to go into cmos was to allow startup with no keyboard after I installed a replacement controller.

New2KIP
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

will try that and post what happened. thank you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: