Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 3000 DRUM INFO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: KIP 3000 DRUM INFO. Reply with quote Back to top

i have a kip 3000 that the drum will have to be replaced due to small scratches (dots) . my question is the drum should be replaced at 36,000 linear meters the mech. counter is at 37,454. is the mech. meter counting linear meters or printed docs?i have 6 in the field and don t see these that often.thanks for any info.
joe

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By default the meter counts in square feet.

I would think you should get a lot more life out of that drum.

Have you tried to clean the drum with a clean rag and alcohol? Then wax it with synthetic car wax? That usually does the trick for me.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a KIP 3000 with 300k on the original drum, I think GR81 up north has one with over 500k on the machine not sure if it is the original drum though. I use Coopers D-ink and come back with Scratch Doctor by NuFinish I purchased at the local autoparts store. In fact I have gone back to older drums that I had saved and refurbished them and been able to get a few more square feet out of them. If you have small black dots on the drum the D-ink will clean them off real good.
yes sir

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have close to 500,000 Sq. Ft. on ours and it is still going strong, we have only performed the maintenance at 250,000 sq. ft. or so and had about three other repairs on it.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We had a machine, 1050xxxx, that went through two drums due to these "specks". It seemed to us at the time that the paper would either jam and scratch the drum, or the paper was diving and lifting the separation nails against the drum. For other reasons, we have since taken that machine out, and replaced it with a 1051xxxx machine. I was in there today and the drum is scratched in two spots. The scratches are showing that possibly the drum rotated against something as the scratches are across the drum in a 'smudge' like fashion. But, there are still a couple of spots that line up with the separation fingers. Customer swears there have been no paper jams, and that the printer hasn't been moved. The last thing that we are considering is that they are running 24# bond through the machine. The specs on the printer say 20# bond, and 24# may just be too thick, although, it's rated for 4 mil film, which is thicker than 24# bond.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: