Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

I can't be the only one ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copyman
intern

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: I can't be the only one ???? Reply with quote Back to top

there has to be more people out there with kip 3000 models giving the code 31 internal voltage error. out of the 10 we have out in the field 6 have thrown this code frequently, some will not reset until next day if at all. Has anyone found a fix for this? I have tried everything in the TB's. I really hope their engineers are working on this or they are going to have a lot of unhappy customers & dealers will drop their machines. Of course kip support said they have not seen this code that much, yea right! If more then half my machines are doing it then there is a serious problem! Thanks

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have over 50 in the field... and only the plus versions seem to be effected. I wish I could tell you a simple quick fix, but the truth is in each case the solution has been something different. On one, when we replaced the dev roller the problem went away, another it was the suppy roller, another the reg. roller, and another I lowered the charge wire. Rebuilding the dev. unit is not enough. These problems take several hours/days to troubleshoot as they can be very intermittant. To date the tech bulletins have solved zero!... probably not the answer you were looking for, and according to K-mart there isn't a problem... go figure!

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Dude, thanks for the response. In a way your reply was very helpful for a few reasons, now i know that there is somewhat of a problem if others are experiencing it and also that Kip's TB's are no help Smile I have a feeling a TB will come out soon about fixes for this problem . Oem's will never admit to a problem until there is a solution for it.

Dr.Bill
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was having the same problem.Try replacing your bias leads.That did it for me.Test it by running the machine with both bias leads unplugged.If it doesn't error out, that's your problem.

MonsenTech
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: i can't be the only one Reply with quote Back to top

I've had quite a lot of contact with this error as well. There are several things that I do to counteract it. 1) I remove the e-clip on the left end of the dev. hsg. per the tech bulletin. It doesn't do much to retain anything, being that it's then covered by a plate. clean toner off. 2) I remove bias contact plate on the right end of the hsg. clean toner off, clean conductive grease off (I find it generates many more problems than it helps; I don't even use it anymore) and bend out contacts to strengthen contact. I clip the tie-wraps retaining the bias leads (The all seemed to be crimped too tight; that's what you get when you pay assemblers $2.50/hr.) and replace them with my own, tied more loosely. And lastly, I'm starting to REQUIRE customers to use a line conditioner. They don't complain about using them with computers, they shouldn't about this. TrippLite sells a pretty good one, LC1800, for under $200. Kip sells one too, $197.00. I haven't noticed the correlation between the plus models, but I'll watch for that. Interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: