Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Older 3000 losing communication with IF card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Older 3000 losing communication with IF card Reply with quote Back to top

Got and older 3000 with a white controller. This unit has had intermittent losing the keycode errors since new. If I go in and reseat the IF card in the controller things are good again for a while. Yesterday I saw the issue and shut down the GUI to see if Unattend had any error. The error was " could not locate valid interface card". As I thought, the card could not be seen. Resat everything and away we go. Anyone have a real fix for this? Maybe the mother board PCI slot is flaking out. Unfortunately there is only one so I cant swap the card.

Thanks

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen some PCI slots warp from heat. We also had a Max controller mother board mounted incorrectly in a chasis which caused the cards not to bottom out in the slots which created intermittent problems.

Jay
intern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Steve,

I have run into this 4 times this month, and it's only the 11th. I think this is going to be a fun filled year. Those old controllers suck. They don't even make the motherboards anymore. There is Tb about it if you need it, i wll send it to you.
I think that there is a heat problem in the older controllers and it is taking them out. I had one integrated video blow out. One NIc blow out, and then one that had a capcitor explosion. Three hard drives. Lets not mention the ram problems on brand new machines.

The problem nowadays is you cant just order a new motherboard. The keycodes are tied into the controller. It checks processor id if card id and the mac address of the network card. That is unfortunatly soldered to tht motherboard.

If the controller is flaking out that bad it is probably the motherboard gong bad. I fixed two by putting in a new drive. I had issues that don't exist with the new software. According to kc3. Swapped drive and it has run for 8 months. The best advise i have is to try and return it. Those controllers are awful. You can swap drives and see if that works, but the newer controller have bigger cases and more cooling, but they still are awful. I don't get why a kip controller costs a fortune, while you can get a better pc at garage sale.

My guess is the motherboard is going out If you need anhy assistance on how to go about replacing it give me a call 850-3938697 or email me .. It has been a pain in the ass.

by the way thanks for the 8000 dv unitt. Works greats.

Jay

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Same Problem Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem in one of my 3000 swap out the IPS and been great since. get them to ra the comper for you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: