Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

ROLL 2 MISFEEDS ON 3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARRY LEMME
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: ROLL 2 MISFEEDS ON 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

I HAVE A 3000 THAT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. IT WORKS FINE FROM ROOL 1 BUT WON'T FEED FROM A FULL ROLL IN ROLL 2.

IT WILL ALSO FEED OUT A LONG SHEET UNTIL YOU CUT IT FROM ROLL 2

I AM SURE SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM.

I HAVE TRIED FEED CLUTCHES AND SENSORS STILL NO HELP.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ON THIS ONE.

THANKS
HARRY

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. sometimes when the spindle doesn't have a firm bite on the inside of the paper core, it'll slip and cause the machine to think that there is no paper loaded and will reverse the clutches, in effect it will "unload" the paper. Try moving the paper roll and spindle from drawer one to drawer 2 and vice versa. See if the problem is in the spindle, paper roll or drawer. Also, make sure that customer grabs the paper roll to pull the paper back after it has been cut. Do not use the green feed knob to pull the paper back because it'll put slack in the paper. Paper sensor will detect paper but the initial pull will not be felt in the spindle because of the slack (out of sync) and will error out and drop the roll or pull it through the machine. Just my theory. I always tell my customers to make sure there is a good bite on the paper core and no slack between the paper roll and feed rollers in the drawer. Sorry if I've confused anyone.

HARRY LEMME

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: roll 2 misfeeds Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for your reply.

the cors are solid and the paper has no slack when we start. I HAVE SWITCHED THE SPINDELS AND ROLLS OF PAPER.

if i use a small roll and not a full 500 ft. it feeds better the smaller the roll is.

i have replaced the feed and reverse clutch AND THE ENCODER SENSOR

THIS MACH ONLY HAS 10K ON IT AND HAS BEEN DOING THIS SENCE THE BEGINNING.

THE PAPER STARTS TO FEED BUT COMES UP ABOUT 6 OR 8 INCHES SHORT OF THE SENSOR THAT IS AT THE TOP OF THE PAPER DROWER.

THE WHOLE THING SEAMS LIKE THE MOTOR DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO FEED THE ROLL. IT SEAMS TO HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO DO EVERYTHING ELSE(IT'S A BIG MOTOR)

ALSO ONE MORE THING IT WONT FEED THE LAST FEW PRINTS FROM ROLL 1.

OK I STILL NEED HELP ANYTHING IS APPRECIATED

THANKS
HARRY

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check the set screw on the pulley that drives the drawer from the main belt inside the left outside cover. I have seen this pulley so loose that the key fell out. Not saying this is your problem, but it is something to look at

HARRY LEMME

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: LOOSE PULLEY Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS

I HAD READ ABOUT THIS BEFORE SO I LOOKED CLOSE AT IT THURSDAY.

I HAVE A NEW MOTOR AND ROLL DECK COMING MONDAY SO I WILL SWITCH THEM OUT.

THANKS
HARRY

oldtimer
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

try putting spacers behind the black covers that ride up against the paper spool hub. this acts like a brake that is built into the spool on a 6000. ive done this which adds tension to the roll and now it feeds to the end. your rolls are spinning to freely. there are also mods for the gripper inside the cardboard core to bite in better but this is not the answer to your issue.

HARRY LEMME

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: rool 2 problem Reply with quote Back to top

GREAT IDEA I HAVEN'T HEARD OF THIS BEFORE BUT IT MAKES SENCE.

I WILL TRY THIS TOMORROW BEFORE I MAKE ANY OTHER CHANGES.

THANKS
HARRY

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

See KIP TB K-105-019 Roll Spindle

HARRY LEMME

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: ROLL 2 Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS ABOUT THE SPENDEL I WILL LOOK THIS UP.

I PUT SOME WASHERS BEHIND THE BLACK PLASTIC HOLDER ON THE RIGHT AND IT HELPED A LOT. BUT THE FRAME BOWS OUT SO I AM WONDERING IF THIS IS JUST A TEMPERARY FIX. I AM ALSO WONDERING IF THERE IS OTHER TECH BULLETINS I HAVEN'T READ ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.

I AM USING A 500 FT 36 in ROLL.

BUT THE MACH IS WORKING BETTER THAN IT EVER HAS.

THANKS
TO EVERYONE

HARRY

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One of the biggest things about the roll feed on the 3000 is that the machine really needs to be perfectly level. If it is not the machine frame is flimsey enough to flex and this throws everything out of wack. Try leveling it.

HARRY LEMME

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: roll 2 Reply with quote Back to top

yes i found that out early.

thanks
harry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: