Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

REMAN TECHNOLOGY...THE ABSOLUTE WORST!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Good guys, bad guys.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: REMAN TECHNOLOGY...THE ABSOLUTE WORST! Reply with quote Back to top

Bought 7000 printer, received pix, guaranteed machine complete.

So much for promises.

Machine was absolutely raped, pilfered, pillaged, looted, and stripped of any decent part. Also bad I/F card.

Going to lose my ass on this one, serves me right for trusting a broker.

Websters defines "Reman" as "what you scrape off the bottom of your shoe as you leave a bus station".

Never, ever, if you have 1/2 a brain, (which apparently I do not) buy from this company.

I encourage all victims of REMAN to come forward.

RD

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Edit, I deleted your duplicate post.

Unfortunately I am discovering many other that have had a similar experience with some of these brokers. They make you pay all up front and then they walk away never to be heard from again. One of these so called brokers still owes me $500 from a bad deal he provided over a year ago. Not naming yet, because I still hope to get my money. I know where he lives, maybe I should have one of my friends pay him a visit.

As far as Reman goes, I know of one other guy that bought an 8000 from them and that was also missing pieces. Big things like the controller and IF card among others. I feel your your pain Doggie. Make Reman feel it too.

remantech
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

REMAN TECH

As many of us know that we do offer used items that sometimes will need some additional parts. That is why we have to price the machines at a price point where that possibility of adding parts may occur.

In the case with the 7000 machine, this client saw the pictures and it was priced to be competitive. It was presented to him as it was presented to our firm as we cannot hide anything. It is not fair to anyone. Also, there was no call to resolve this issue and historically issues like these can be resolved.

The customer decided to handle this in an unprofessional manner where we would have been more than willing to help in some fashion.

In my last 8 years of business, I have never had a client rush off an complain on a forum like this in such a knee-jerk reaction. All issues in the last 8 years have been resolved in a professional manner.. Unlike this situation by the clients choice.

Yes, there are good brokers and bad brokers out there. We are considered a reputable company to do business with and have been for 8 years.. We certainly have helped alot of clients and will continue to do so. We are sorry this situation was presented in this manner as there is certainly a better way to resolve issues like this when they occur.

Thank you

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reman, I wouldnt loose too much sleep over this company, he is known to screw authorized kip dealers coast to coast by selling toner at 1.00 over dealer cost and selling to companies like tonermonkey valley supplies and countless others just to feed himself and screw with dealers and their customers
he also sells machines and parts to non certified techs right in the backyard of dealers coast to coast

It was pleasure to me and several other dealers here to see him cry about loosing money like he has done to so many of us over the years!
As for you, I have dealt with you on several occasions and never had any issues as well as when you did seldom have issues you asked us for asistance and the issue were always minor and you always corrected them.

I wouldnt loose sleep over a this company nor should anyone really pay attention to a company that drops the market out of pricing forcing dealers nationwide to compete at his level of business.

WWW.JUSTDIGITAL2.COM
WWW.JDPLANROOM.COM
WWW.TONERTOPIA.ORG
WWW.TONERSOPRANO.COM

WWW.AMERICANITALIANCLUB.COM

remantech
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Trying to get ahold of my cliemt ; REMAN TECH Reply with quote Back to top

Since the client wrote this letter, I called him to address this and he would not talk to me. It shows how professional some of us are when trying to resolve an issue, and the quality of individual we are dealing with here...

I asked to speak to him about this post attacking my company and the response I got back was a simple " NO ".

Well, enough said with this situation as you can all see how non responsive and unprofessional this customer is. Some people seem to not have a spine when having to address an issue like this. A prime example.

I made an attempt to assist my client and he refused. The effort was made in a professional and sincere manner..

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have dealt with Jon at REMAN several times over the last 8 years, both buying and selling equipment.
Yes, there have been some issues, but these issues have always been resolved in a very professional manner.
I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Toner Monkey
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to clarify, I have nothing to do with the tonermonkey kip intern mentioned. I have never heard of them and will be changing my alias to something else.

As for brokers. Brokers don't always see the machine. They are selling an item for another party. So anything they say is likely second hand. I would take what they say with a grain of salt.

When I buy a used car I take it to a mechanic to be inspected.
Don't come crying to us if you did not take the time and money to have an independent tech look at the machine, or send your own tech out to look at it. A few more dollars, just figure it into the cost.

If the broker won't take 75% up front and 25% on delivery, they aren't worth dealing with. Just shows the faith they put in what they are selling and in their customers.

When the machine comes in, unpack it before you sign for it.
The driver will be pissed, but too bad, he can wait.
If it is not in the shape you expect, repack it and re-load it on the truck.
If you sign for a used ANYTHING that costs over $10,000 and don't at least open the box first, you deserve what you get.
Once again, if you don't cover your ass don't expect sympathy.

Bottom line:

If you don't independently confirm the unit's condition you deserve what you get.

If you were dealing with completely reputable people, you would not need to confirm the unit's condition.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have known of Reman Tech for a number of years. I worked for a dealer in NC about 6 years ago and I never had any issues that I recall. I would definitely remember any bad service that I received and this guy was always good to us. This must be an isolated incident.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Good guys, bad guys. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: