Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

More Light Print Issues in Centre of Drawing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: More Light Print Issues in Centre of Drawing Reply with quote Back to top

I have a KIP 3000 with a little over 100,000 sq. on it. I've been chasing a light middle issue for awhile now. I have a new machine in our office and have swapped out the following components and the problem has not gone away... dev. unit, charge and t/s assemblies adn photoreceptor drum. It's wierd, as I run the total grey test pattern the amount of lightness in the centre changes, almost like I'm getting voltage fluctuation. I guess HV power supply is next on the list to check, just looking for additional input.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds crazy but I have seen this problem follow the ips unit. I had a KIP3K that was light down the center and swapped IPS units with another 3K and the problem followed the IPS. I found this by accident when I was trouble shooting an IPS system for a blown out mother board.
I did spend some time on the phone with a KIP tech on this and he confirmed the issue over the phone and reccommended a IPS update.

just a ramblin thought from cez

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just Curious Kip Dude, It is a new style 3000 serial 1051 or the old style serial 1050 ????

Thanks

satgirl
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: light middle of copy Reply with quote Back to top

I have just replaced thr IPS and the problem remains. Help Smile

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is approximately 1.5 years old. It is a 1050 series 3000.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would try a developer with a new developer roller in it. I have seen that trying to refurbish the old style (1050) developers can still have problems in the center. Just a thought.

Don Vick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem on a KIP with 150K. I did the PM and a new toner supply roller in the dev unit resolved the problem.

Haith
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would go with a developer change too, on this issue.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After rereading this string of posts I would have to agree with Don I had the same issue and the supply roller fixed it for me

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While these units like all other HDP developer units are refreshable, sometimes the supply or the developer roller can be worn beyond it's useful life and will have to be replaced. This is exactly the reason why we put a digital micrometer on every roller on every dev unit we refresh. If a roller is worn beyond use, we will not refresh that unit as it would not last as long as we would llike to see out of it.

satgirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: light center of 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

I know that this may sound crazy but I added the patch 6.5.398 to my customers controller and the light 6 inch center went dark again. I had a rebuild kit with me to correct our problem because I was told that the kit was the only way to fix the problem. Try the patch before you spend 800.00 on parts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: