Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Be prepared!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Basic info about these forums.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Be prepared!! Reply with quote Back to top

Be careful on how you bash the KIP product.
We are all here because we have the KIP product or servive the KIP's.
Long story short we think the KIP is the best, we just have a great web site to help us out.
But our company just lost a sale to Oce because the Oce rep brought him to this web site to show him all the problems with the KIP's.
So be careful how you ask your questions, remember it could be worse.... you could have an Oce!!

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To bad the old oceforum was taken down by Oce.
Then you could have showed the customer what people think of Oce.

Oce salesmen also like to frequent the Autodesk printing and plotting forum. And since they can't sell on either a price OR quality, they have to talk bad about the Kip while pretending to be end users.

Both companies make a good machine, it is price and service that matters.

Just like in politics, smear campaigns may seem like a bad idea, but in the end they work.
If that customer was going to believe the smearing the Oce rep was doing, maybe you are better off without them.

Scott

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately this is true. Remember when the Oce forums were out there? Lots of negative stuff there. I am sure KIP salemen used that to sell against them. Oce ended up buying the site to shut it down. A good business move on thier part. I try to keep this site as positve as can be, but the reason we are all here is to discuss problems and solutions. If there were no problems, we would all be out of work. KIP end user should be glad that there is a place like this for people to discuss these things.

I am an avid car guy. I am very active on the BMW forums. There are tons of posts detailing this problem and that problem. If I saw this before I bought mine, I probably would have thought twice. But the real facts are no one jumps on a forum to say "well my KIP (BMW, Corvette, Porsche, etc) has no problems and I want everyone to know that.

A smart consumer would understand that.

It sucks to lose a sale no matter what the reason. If these forums were responsible for that I sincerely apoloigize. But think about your life as a KIP servicer without these forums. Now that IS a scary thought.

PS my BMW is the best car I have ever owned. But I don't post that on the forums. But you can bet that if my steering wheel paddle shifter starts to act up I am going put it out there. Doesn't make it bad car. Makes it normal for anything mechanical. Like I say in my sig, "everything was made to be broken". If it wasn't we would all be working at Mc Donalds. "Would you like fries with that?"

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doc,

This site has bailed us out many a time.
No need to apologise for anything.
Scott is right, shame on the customer for falling for the Oce tactics.
I just wanted to point out to all the KIP reps that they may need to battle this.
We put a heck of lot more KIP products in this town than Oce has put there product in.

GR

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Making this a "sticky". Everyone should know of the OCE slime ball tactics. It is a desparate salesman that has to bash the competition just to sell his inferior product. PS Mr OCE salesman, where is my commision?

Engines
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Doc, how bout that BMW forum??? Pretty kool, huh.? I have learned more things about my car, quick tips and warranty advice, it is worth it's weight in gold. I just had the dealer replace my moon roof seal as a result of something I read on that site and now the noise level in the car is virtually nil!

superiorwis
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: KIP has an awsome product line. Reply with quote Back to top

Our company has been looking for a wide format multi-function machine for a while now. I did tons of research on all kinds of brands & concluded KIP to be one of the best if not the best. Several months ago I was given the go ahead to get a KIP & by chance our printing supplies vender had several KIP 2900 stand alone at they got as trading. They refubished one for us at a very reasonable price. They told us that they had also a NT controller KIP card plus the 5.5 software. So we bought that to & have a Dell Dimension customized with the kip card & WIdows XP Pro, which was reasonably priced also. This Kip & PC has already paid for itself in increased productivity & runs like a tank. It 's also totally compatible with our company network system. I can even access it remotely to do overnight print project too.

Ron

blueprintport
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: KIP Praises Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to say that these forums help me out a lot. Outside of addressing problems that a single shop, self maintainer may have with the machine, this site is responsible for connecting me to Harry Mcpartland and a KIP 6000 w/ 200K on the meter. That machine is still running with 1,000,000 on the meter, and only a developer refresh (by Steve @ Keep it printing) and a fuser roller in major repairs. KIP's are awesome. Show this to the Oce end users!
Thanks for all who contribute!
SR @ The BLueprint Port

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doc,

I think you started somthing good here.
What would you think of a testimonial forum or page?
Mabey then all the sales people out there could use this web site as a sales tool.

GR

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You mean like this?

http://www.kipforum.org/viewforum.php?f=28

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect!!
lets fill that up and it should keep Oce out of here.
You da man!

amariusd
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool! Would it be better to have it the top of the forum?? Just suggesting... Wink

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am here to serve the citizens of Keepitprinting.com
Ask and you shall recieve.

http://www.kipforum.org/index.php

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would not overreact to the loss of one sale. Salesman are prone to use any excuse to justify not getting the deal. A customer who makes his buying deciscion based on a forum is more likely looking for renforcement of a predisposition to Oce anyway.

Build up YOUR positive references. People who have bought from YOU and enjoy a positive experience. All machines break, its what you do about it that counts.

As for BMW, I had a 750Li and hated it. The point being is that no matter how good a machine's (of any kind) reputation may be, someone, somewhere, will complain.

Sell credibility, take the high road, it will win you more sales than smear.

Maybe the good doctor would consider a generous cash offer from KIP?

RD

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now Doggie, you know I don't do this for the money. I just want to feel the love.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Basic info about these forums. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: