Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Is it worth it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draggindakota
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Is it worth it? Reply with quote Back to top

I've been researching various large format printers for the civil engineering firm I work for. We use AutoCAD 2004, 2007 & 2008 as well as Adobe Acrobat 7.0. We also have one machine running Windows Vista Home Premium.

I've demoed a 3000 in another firm, and really liked the interface and the print quality.

But, I come on different forums and all I see are numerous problems and issues posted.

My question: Is the KIP 3000 worth the payout? I need a machine that is going to be dependable and produce quality prints. We don't do a steady high volume, but there are times when we have 10 to 15 sets of plans needed for a project (typically 5-8 sheets per set).

Is this something that will need service every 1-2 months?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kip makes a quality product that should fit your needs as far as volume and software go. Make sure to purchase the postscript option for printing out PDF files.

These forums are used for technicians to share problems and fixes. This particular forum is public where people like your self can get into and see what is going on. It may look like there are a lot of problems from your viewpoint, but can you imagine if you were to go to a Microsoft forum? You would never purchase another Microsoft product again.

Depending on your usage of this printer would determine the frequency of service. Think of it like an automobile. The more you drive the more service you are going to need. These are large mechanical machines that need to be serviced to run properly. Purchase a service agreement from your dealer to save yourself from unexpected expenditures in the future.

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have a KIP 3000 with about 488,000 Sq. Ft. on it, we have had it for almost two years now and I think we have probably spent about $750 for all repairs on it in that time. Just remember these machines are meant to be used, just sitting there is not very good for them.

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't really complain about the oce product.
I can complain about Xerox products... You will be happy if go with an Oce or a KIP new multifunction, they both are likely much better than your current technology. That being said... do a bit a research on your provider's support ability.. call a reference or two and make sure their support staff is good and available in a timely manner.. Which ever has the better support reputation would get my business..

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Draggin,

If I have my serial numbers correct there are over 10,000 KIP 3000's in the field.
If you add up all the Ricoh, OCE, and Xerox 4CPM machines it is probably close to the same amount.
That alone should tell you something, but for 10,000 in the field there are actually very few posts on this website.
We currently sevice around 150 of them and I HIGHLY recommend the machine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: