Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Over-all greyness to white areas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PPCPete
resident

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Over-all greyness to white areas Reply with quote Back to top

I have a over-all greyness to the white ares of the print. It is an older KIP 3000 (1050 s.n.). It has the T/E enhancement kit in it.With the 13b eprom .I just put in a new supply roller and I cleaned the DEV roller with Inx.To get rid of light copies in the center, which is now better.
I tried a new photorecepter and a new T/S assy. No Help.
corona wires are good. Unit has 106,000 linear feet on it.
Any Suggestions???? Did I somehow repressurize the Dev. unit wrong?
Is that possible?

VANINGLE
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ppcpete, if this problem started after the Dev work you did, then I would suspect the Dev unit. It would be nice if you had another Dev unit to swap. If this problem existed before Dev work, then I would approach this from a theoritical stand point. First crash the machine during print and see if problem exists on the drum, most likely it is, this is just a standard procedure for me. If so, remembering that toner attracks to the surface of the drum when the surface potential is lowered from original charge. Try a different charge assembly or inspect the one you have closely, don't rule out issues with cleaning roller, and check your drum ground. Matter of fact check all grounding tabs associated with the charge assy., drum and dev unit. I wish I could be more specific, but I hope this can help.

PPCPete
resident

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have this issue on several machines maybe 90,000 linear feet on them. Have done wires, new supply roller, tried new drum, re pressurization of dev, assy. clean DEV roller with INX Still same issue?????
These are s.n.1050xxxxx
Seems like a drum problem however replacing it does not help.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try replacing the developer roller. Part # Z050980290 It comes with new Spacer Discs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: