Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 9000 Released!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: KIP 9000 Released! Reply with quote Back to top

The KIP 9000 scheduled to be released in October 2007 is finally being released now in February 2008. Right on time for KIP.

Rumor has it you can see one in the flesh (or metal) at the OnDemand show in Boston on March 3-6 2008. I would guess it will be on the Konica Minolta booth.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We've had ours for a couple weeks now. So far so good. Quality looks great with the 600dpi now. The most interesting thing about the machine is the new Auto Density feature. The machine is constantly monitoring the toner density on the drum, automaticlly making dev bias changes when needed. At least I think that's how it works.
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

asoone (ozzie) yeonig
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i wish i could say the same for our 2 9000s. we got some of the first ones of the assembly line. VERY low serial numbers. at first we could hardly get them to print. now after our service rep from out of state that works for kip came up twice we have minimized the issues. and we know the work arounds as well.

but i have production guys that hate them. we were running 3 8000s before and so they are not used to the new GUI at all. and once we started having them use it there were issues with that too. printnet seems to work fine but my production guys are not going to use that. to them change is bad.

at first we had several mechanical issues but those are all worked out. one thing i can say is that KIP is really stepping up to help us. and i hope this is something that everyone is getting if they are having problems. i know have direct numbers for several people very high up in the chain of command at KIP. they will take my calls directly in an attempt to help.

now i'm an optimist on things and i still have a smile on my face. but my productions guys are upset. KIP is having trouble with the last few issues. i am hoping that someone here is also having some issues so that we can swap notes and hopefully put this to rest.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
asoone (ozzie) yeonig
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PS

we got ours right away when they became available. probably was back in february. it was 6+ weeks ago that KIP came to see (the first time) and we had one of them running for at least a month already.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AJG
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where I'm working, they have 3 8000s that are soon needing replacement. Going to do one now. Glad I was able to talk them out of buying a KIP. Seems to be a lot of issues on the new machines.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: