Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

SEIKO LP1010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter_kelowna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: SEIKO LP1010 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone heard of or worked on these units yet? I heard they are 3/4 the price of a KIP-3000 (base model) and come complete as a STF unit.
Any good stories? Bad stories? Reliable? Performance?

I know they have an 'End user' replacable dev. unit with drum that is sent in and reconditioned for $250 or $400. Supposed to get 25k feet from each rebuilt dev. unit. (8 D prints per minute).

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: seiko Reply with quote Back to top

These are very good systems for the end user. Bad for the dealers as they require very little service or parts. Puts the Kip 3100 to shame. Heres a forum I found on these: http://www.bluelink.us/Bluelink/forum/index.php

RMS
intern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A fellow dealer of ours was selling these machines for a short period but got sued for the machine not able to scale correctly. From what I was told there spec are way looser than a KIP. Also machine does not hold up very well when you run it like a 3xxx output. Hope this helps you guys.

MasterBlaster
intern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: seiko Reply with quote Back to top

tech2tech wrote:
These are very good systems for the end user. Bad for the dealers as they require very little service or parts. Puts the Kip 3100 to shame. Heres a forum I found on these: http://www.bluelink.us/Bluelink/forum/index.php

Puts the 3100 to shame? I have seen and used this machine and it is a joke. Maybe that is why it is failing in the marketplace.

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Seiko is a plastic machine. We had a few of them head to head a a couple of Kip3100's, and no one wanted to use the Seiko as they find it dificult to operate.

And big deal about the user replacable drum, what about everything else in the machine?

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I read your replies and realize you work for kip or never have used a Seiko. As for scaling, this must be calibrated at install just the same as kip and any other model. And to call it a plastic machine you need to look at the gears in the kip or the ricoh system because the only plastic on the Seiko is the outer covers. I realize you work on kip and that is the equipment you prefer. I myself have worked on kips for 12 years and it has been a love hate relationship. That is loving the equipment and hating the Kip management. I will stick by my original post that the Seiko lp1020 is a good box, not sure about any of the earlier Seiko models. This is not a personal attack against anyone on the forum but for me it was time to move on from Kip.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seiko has a long way to go to get to the place that KIP is at, and they are aware of that. While I prefer the ease of use and power of the KIP, the LP-1020 has a place. It is a good low use machine. We like to place these in our remote customer locations with low use. They are very easy to maintain. The Teriostar software is very easy to use, but is very basic (and three different modules). The Terioplot software is very extensive, both in its install and use. I definitely prefer Request. The LP-1020 is a decent printer that has its place.

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sinsce when does a Kip need to be calibrated at install for scaling???

I dont work for kip, and have been around long enough to know a good machine when I see one. I guess the Seiko has its place somewhere, but I cant see the machine being able to ever compete against the kip.

Also when I say its plastic, what I mean is that it is not made to be worked like a kip is, it would never keep up.

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The real point is that there is a growing market for a cheap printer copier that KIP has been missing.

The print shop as we know them will be gone soon, everyone will have their own printer.

KIP needs to introduce a stripped down machine to accommodate this market.

Is the Seiko as good as the KIP, I don't know, never played with it. If it is cheap and has just a few basic functions, then it can be sold.

Is a Hyndai as good as a Mercedes? Yet both get sold to different demographics.

To survive, one must keep an open mind. I would like to know more about Seiko, without having to schlep to Pittsburgh (whose idea was that?).

There are no bad machines, only bad placements.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Rumors All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: