Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

OUT OF TONER .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: OUT OF TONER . Reply with quote Back to top

DOES THE KIP 3000 STATE WHEN IT IS LOW OR OUT OF TONER?WE HAD THESE OUT FOR 2 YEARS AND NOW A CLIENT IS DOWN BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO TONER.
THANKS FOR ANY INFO.
JOE

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.

The touch screen will flash a message saying "Add Toner"

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Joe, I'm hoping that your clients have changed the toner more than a few times if the machines had been there for 2 years now. Hard to believe that they've never noticed the machine asking for toner before. Besides, the machine will not run until you add toner, when it is out. I'm going to guess that, maybe this time the KIP is asking for toner and still asking for toner with a new bottle installed. If so, check the toner auger motor, I've had these go bad on a few KIP3000s. Or if it is bone dry of toner and never asked for toner, then I would check the toner sensors. Just my 2 cents.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My problem, is the screen is saying "Adding Toner" and not going away. They take out the cartridge, which still has a ton of toner in it, replace it with a new one, and the message goes away. I can force the motor to turn, the toner sensors are proper. Is this the same thing that y'all were experiencing? It is under warranty; should I just order in a new motor now or wait to se what happens?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you can in diagnostics turn the toner motor on and it moves the cart. then it is probably good. Couple of things you might want to check.

Are you using KIP toner or Generic?

The plug under the toner hopper is plugged in good.

I have a few customer that when putting cartridge in managed to install it without putting the tab on the cart. in the green slot.

Also make sure they are rotating the cart. 3-4 revolutions after install.

Last thing is to take one of the cart. they are removing that still has toner in it. Look into the little spout that drops the toner into the hopper. There is a foam seal in there I have had a few cart. that when turned they did not open the bottle. So the seal was blocking the toner from dropping.

Good Luck.

DCP00
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have recieved 2 brand new machines over the past 2 years that from first start made about 10 -20 copies then kept asking for toner, replaced the toner sensors and they are still working.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: