Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Too many dead controllers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tabcom
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Too many dead controllers Reply with quote Back to top

This past month I've had 4 controllers die on me.
Three of them had the motherboards go bad.
One would only boot up into VGA mode.

Has anyone else experience this lately?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had a few of the white IPS's have bad motherboards. No black ones though. The VGA KIP has a document to try and fix that by replacing the video card.

charred
intern

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we had 1 white controller fail.
kip told us to replace the video card. machine worked.
2 weeks later it failed again.
kip sent us a replacement controller, another white one
next day that one failed
and this customer is 3.5 hours away

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I friend had a brand new 3000 controller died within a week. Kip wouldn't replace it. Told him to swap parts (memory mother board etc.) Brand new machines should work. If not replace the entire controller. Poor customer service again.

COPYGUY31
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No you've got it all wrong there cant be any kind of wide spread controller failure, I asked Kip about it when I replaced my third white controller this month (the last one made it 3 days BRAND NEW FROM KIP) they said They havent heard anything about it. I asked about replacing their faulty "NEW" controllers with the exact barebones MSI box that I can get for 150 they told me they WILL NOT GIVE KEYCODES UNLESS YOU BUY THE CONTROLLER FROM THEM!

Nice Kip really nice.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have had 3 white ips units fail completely and one that I replaced the nic. I have always been able to get new codes if I send in the info screen print out and ask politely. and yes I have been using third party msi hetis units.

COPYGUY31
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to know, as I have antoher dead controller do look at on tuesday. Just remember there is no problem.

SmegHead
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any one found a source for IPS motherboars yet? If so could you let us know.

Merlin1977
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As of Dec 20 2007 you can no longer get parts for the older (white case) IPS's. And the bulletin from kip (that they had to email to me because they wont give me access to the site) says that the IF board will not work in the new style controllers if they have ever been in an older controller?!?!?
So the new cost of a motherboard is $1795 list price because you have to replace the entire IPS.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to clarify the last post a little.
KIP has a TB-K105-052b

It basically says that if you have the old syle white IPS and you need a replacement IPS. You will have to order a new style IPS with an IF card (PPEC3000E-B1) installed in it. The old IF card will not work in the new IPS's. KIP will give you new keycodes for the new IPS. Then you will have to RA the old IPS back to KIP who will then issue you a credit for the difference. After dealer discounts, replacement of the IPS comes to $626.50. I will be more than happy to e-mail the TB to anyone interested in seeing it.

My 2 cents... KIP should have found a cheaper solution for their dealers. Once again they are sticking it good to the people that work hard to support their company. I didn't see IPS replacement listed in the PM schedule or in the cost per square foot when I quoted maintenance prices. Oh forgot that was after having to discount the machine because four other local KIP dealers were trying to sell my customer a machine...

Merlin1977
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I didnt mean to try and confuse anyone.....i was just too pissed off to finish reading the bulletin and so I never got to the part where it was talking about issuing credit for your old IPS.

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Fail IPS Reply with quote Back to top

I have had two in one day one is the white box It would not boot up could not get past MSI the second one is a new machine stated with the screen locking up the it went to booting up get to the kip logo and two sec latter it would rebot five or six times then lock up . it just get me how much you have to go thought to get a new ips how you have to talk to software support and run through all the circles then after being on the phone a hour with them then they yes I think your right the ips is dead. I have ran down two cell phone baterys this week on kip. thank god I carry a spare. Evil or Very Mad

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same symptoms with a white IPS that turned out to be a bad hard drive. I just bought a hard drive and a local store, and re-imaged it with the original ghost disc.

Cabok
intern

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I keep my fingers crossed, so far, no dead controllers... even white ones.

But we did have some with bad ram (we bought some Kingston DDR sticks, and just replaced them) and a bad HD. Again, reghosted the machine, and works A-1.

ProForce1
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: barebones MSI box Reply with quote Back to top

I can get around the key codes from KIP but where can I get a MSI white box?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: