Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

IPS swapping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: IPS swapping Reply with quote Back to top

We want to take an IPS out of a problem machine, and swap it with a not problem machine. I feel that this should be easy to perform. Has anyone tried this, anyone foresee any possible hurdles? I have removed an IPS before, and know what is involved with that, and expect that swappping the IPS would make the printer perform just as it did before, only without the mechanical issues.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have done this to diagnose a problem on a 3000. It is very easy and is as simple as swapping out charge units.

Good Luck.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I assume by charge unit you mean the controller, or is it something else as well?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just meant it is as easy as swapping out charge units. You don't have to do anything special. Just swap controllers, power it up, and test it out.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FYI. Swapping the IPS for troubleshooting works fine. The problem comes when you try and swap a black IPS into a machine that had a white IPS. The IPS case that is black is larger and it doesn't slide all the way into the machine and you are not able to put the back cover on. If you are just doing this for trouble shooting reasons you can set the black IPS in the machine and the cables are long enough. White to white and black to black no problems. Other than that just make sure the IPS's have the same KEYCODE options. The keycodes stay with the IPS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: