Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Drum Cleaning
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Basic info about these forums.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steppenwolf
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Who makes the D-ink you guys are using? I bought a gallon (smallest quantity I could get here in Canda) of something called D-ink made by LPS and it completely ruined the finish on the used KIP 6000 drum I tried it on.

Don't know if I am doing it wrong or have the wrong product.

Thanks.

Merlin1977
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.amessupply.com/products1.cfm?aid=1&cid=F&sid=FB&fid=6000650

Hope this link works.... if not just look for it at www.amessupply.com under CLEANERS & SUPPLIES...and then CLEANERS & DEGREASERS.

Works great for me thanks Servicedude!!!!!

This is manufactured by Coopers

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: D-ink Reply with quote Back to top

Where can a guy get some of this D-ink stuff??? It sure sounds better than Isopropel and the like. Please advise

Merlin1977
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, I took the time to post a link that takes you directly to the page you can buy it from. All you have to do is click on it.

Steppenwolf
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merlin1977,

Wanted to thank you for the reply to my query and for posting the link. It worked just fine and I am now waiting on delivery of some of this magical stuff.

They are also sending some info. about their roller refurbishing program, which could save us a few bucks as well.

Thanks again,

SteppenWolf

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I already spoke to them about recoating the 8000 rollers. I even sent them a few cores to let them play with them. They didn't think they would be able to do them because of the water tubes. Maybe that has changed?

Anyway, Bob at Alden And Broden assures me that they have gotten all of the bugs out of thier rollers now. I will let you know after I install my first.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where do you find D-ink?? Sounds like something I'd like to try!!

Desertdog
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unbeleivable!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can buy D-Ink at tsaworld.com,that is where i got mine. Tell them that Robert from Alabama Businesss Systems sent you.

Thor
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Cleaning Drum Reply with quote Back to top

We do it in Germany with "Never Dull" 4.99$ at WalMart.
It's a Chrome Polish. Great.
Clean the Drum with ist. Do not let it get dry at the Surfice.
Polsih with a soft rag. Your Drum looks like new.

Sry for my Bad English

Thorsten

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You have Wal Mart in Germany?

Do you use this Never dull on an OPC drum? I use it on my chrome exhaust tips on my Crossfire, but I don't think I would use it on a drum.
Maybe I should try the D Ink on my tires?

Thor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What can I say. We did it it works perfect.
We have Wal Mart in Germany.
The First Time we tried that with a Drum what needed to be replaced.
We got 20000m² = 200.000ft more out of it.
Try it.

Thorsten

Thor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot to say we did that on 6000 and 7000 Drums

jojobutthead
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've used Brasso for years, like 35 years. On OPC and Selenium drums. It cleans the drums better than any thing else that I have tried. Including D Ink.

KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have been using Denatured alcohol. It does not seem to hurt the drums, it dries fast with no streaks, and is pretty effortless. any downside to using this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Basic info about these forums. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: