Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 3000 Scanning Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LangTech
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: KIP 3000 Scanning Issue Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I am having a problem with the scanning functionality of the KIP 3000. I have a client here that is looking to convert his old oil and gas readings from a paper format to a digtal one. The documents average anywhere between 7 feet to 85 feet. I have the machine setup so that it can be sent directly to an smb folder on a pc or the local hdd of the KIP 3000 itself. I have a very high success rate of image duplication when scanning any document that is within the 7 to 25 feet range.

I have noticed anytime I try to do one the larger documents the screen on the KIP 3000 will come to a stop on about a 1/4 of the way through the scan and just sit there and flash and continue to feed the document. I have tried to send this to PDF, TIFF, and DWF. After exstensvive research I have found that it is to large for a pdf or tiff. So, off to Autodesk's website I went to download the free DWF Viewer to see if the DWF's were successful. After doing so I opened my DWF file to discover the entire document in a very scrunched and in a unreadable state. I thought to myself and decided to print it off and see if it would come out like it was suppossed to and sadly the print itself from the machine was scrunched.

I have been fighting this uphill battle for several weeks now, I have been on the phone with KIP through this struggle and they can not ever seem to give me an answer to the problem, any help would be appreciated Very Happy .

Thanks

Pat
Applications Anaylst
The Lang Company

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: