Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Scanner Utility Poblems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Scanner Utility Poblems Reply with quote Back to top

I am attempting to run the scanner white balance calibration. First, I was attempting to use the utility while on the IPS. The utility would start, suck the sheet in, and then freeze after 1%. I then tried through my laptop. The laptop would find the scanner, add it, display it in device manager, but when I started the K105 utility, I got 'can't find scanner' error messages. Tried a different computer, same. Tried a different USB cable, same. The printer is scanning and copying properly with no problems. I was using v0.99 of the utility, and KIP says use v0.98. No change. Used the 600 scanner drivers, no change. This is a new machine with the latest firmware and software.

ouhippie
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: scanner utility Reply with quote Back to top

This same thing happened to me last week and thought it was a USB chord problem. But as it turns out, if the scanner light is blinking it will not connect to the pc. Simply tap the light on the scanner and wait a few seconds. Then try to connect using the scanner utility.

Hope that helps.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a 3000 with the one piece unit. The scanner doesn't have a light on it. The scanner/printer will copy and scan. When the utility is run, I have connection to it. It is showing up as running properly in my device manager. I am actually going to go in in the morning and see if I can run the Graphtec utilities on it.

ouhippie
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my bad. i was thinking of a 5000 with a 600 scanner attached to it. i'll be working on a 3000 with the scanner utility early next week. I've never had the issue before that you're describing. But I'll try to trouble shoot it then and let you know what I've found (if you haven't already found a resolution).

i'm sure you've thought of this already, but the driver itself...did you install the 3000 or the kip600 scanner usb driver with your laptop?

I'll keep you informed if I find something else.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you using USB 2.0? It will not work if your USB port is not 2.0.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have confirmed that the ports are 2.0, and the cable is 2.0. I was just there and used an expansion card with 2.0 just in case. I can now get the utility to start. When I click on scanner info, it displays the information. I start the calibration, it sucks in the sheet, starts the calibration, and then freezes after 1% in the progress bar. I restarted the laptop, because after it freezing it won't find the scanner again, and plugged into a different USB port and it reinstalled the scanner. It is doing this on two different laptops so I don't believe that it is the ports. Even with different cables it isn't connecting.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know how long you are waiting, but it always freezes after 1% The whole process takes roughly 10 minutes. It starts at 1%, then a few minutes later it will change to about 20% and keep going up from there. Try doing it and walking away for a bit. I hope this helps!

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The program displays a not responding message, which is what is leading me to believe it is frozen. I had waited 5-8 minutes without progress before I got that message.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is one more thing to try... Take off the scanner cover and unplug the USB wire. Replug the wire in and try again. I have had 3 new 3000 machines in a row where that cable came loose during shipping and caused some random problems when I was trying to calibrate.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also try reseating all conectors and chips on the scanner itself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: