Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Scooped: SPY PHOTOS of the new KIP 3000!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Scooped: SPY PHOTOS of the new KIP 3000!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Finally, here it is. The doctor knew this was coming and now thanks to Digital ES and tech2tech we now have photos of this latest industry changing product from the good guys at KIP. This machine is going to revolutionize the entry level plotter/scanner/copier market the way the KIP 8000 changed the high volume market.

Heres what we know so far:

HDP technology (of course)
one or two roll system
scanner built in to printer (ala Ricoh 240)
Scan to file built in to the fantastic operator interface (no separate STF PC needed) Yay!!!!!!
Target price of $13K to $16K
Say goodbye to the 2000 (thank you oh KIP gods)
Availability? Well, it is a KIP so about 3 months after they say it will available. Sorry, no date yet.

This unit is going to kick some Ricoh ass. Bravo KIP.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: KIP 3000 NEW!!! Reply with quote Back to top

These are desparate times for the Republic. This machine is easily a year away from delivery. The intent here is to slow the defection of dealers to Ricoh.

I'm sure it will be better than the 240, but it will also be 18 months too late.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree on the year away. 6 months, maybe. I will let you know more next week.

Desertdog
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Dr. is right. I heard that training will commence in Oct. and the box will hit the streets in Nov.

KIPROD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: KIP3000 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the pics. I guess this is it for the 240W!!!, there is also a rumor of a OCE TDS1000 AND DocuWide 2xx from Xerox. Like the DR says we will be placing this product left and rigth. The only thing good about that 240 is the price and size, whoever designed it comes from copier world, they dont seem to get it when it comes to the wide format area.

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Ricoh Reply with quote Back to top

With the ricoh 240 remember thats size and price doesnt always matter the parts and supplies on the ricoh is a pig ! Kip should have the 3000 on the street by sept so I heard and believe training commencing for dealers in aug

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we recvd our launch guide yesterday - looks like a very good system at a great price! the pluses are no plastic shells like the ricoh, compact size with the integrated color touch screen (no more STF PC!), 600dpi, DWF support in PPrint 6.0, and keycode upgrades for scanning and network printing. Cost of op is relatively low and the redesign of the software UI appears will be easier for new customers - both for general scan/copy/print usage and for self-maintenance with videos and step-by-step how-to's of changing paper, toner, etc.

drawbacks? yes a few: no top exit, bottom exit tray won't stack/collate large sets, no cut-sheet tray and no auto mode for scanning. also it is not clear how the 300 auto-stacker would be supported, right now just the 200 vertical stacker listed. need to verify the folder support.
all in all, hats off to KIP for a fine job on this new product. i know we will sell a ton of them...

jojobutthead
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree it's a machine Kip needs in it's line up. I also agree that the Ricoh is a piece of plastic crap. But I still feel the pains in my backside from the 2000 launch, Trained in late July and not getting a machine until Feburary, Then it didn't run 3 out of 5 days. Lesson learned. Don't sell it until it's here. Expect a few problems in the first few months. Or have we forgot about the noisey fuser fans and the E01's and E02 and E51's and intermittent balck prints and etc. Yes I'll sell and yes it should fill the low volume slot nicely. But I'll save my hoop hoop hoorahs until I have had a few in the field.

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: KIP 3000 NEW Reply with quote Back to top

We had all better hope it works. I do not think we are in for a repeat of the 2000. The 2000 had too many new methods and technologies all at once.

As for delivery, they are getting better at meeting new product launch dates. Remember, they have to get a bunch of orders, get Japan to build them, then get them here. Not a 30 day process.

I would like to organize a betting pool on the first actual delivery date to a dealer. Everybody put up $100, closest to actual date wins the pot!

The Ricoh is cheaply made, as are all Ricoh products. They can't be resold when they come back in.

KIPROD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: READ WELL THE GUIDE Reply with quote Back to top

IT DOES HAVE A BYPASS TRAY
IT DOES STACK UP TO 200 ORIGINALS
IT WILL WORK WITH KIP 200 STACKER

MOST OF ALL IT WILL KICK RICOHS ASS!!!!

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have already ask for 3 units to be sent out.

I sure This Product is gonna continue to make believers out of the non believers.

Kip as i See it Is the new wave. Sort like the Young kid that gets his drivers license NOW cant stand These OLD geezers on the road.

I like my coffee Black and my martini's shakened not stired.

If anyone would like to bet Lets do it right Why not be the cost of a New 3000!!! Now Thats Faith Not 100 bucks I tip door men 100 bucks !!!
And I know Someone Tips The garters at a 100 a clip. Not even worth the lap dance !

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Kiprod, you don't happen to work for a three letter company do you?

Anyway, whether you do or not, welcome and enjoy.

KIPROD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No i do not work for the 3 letters company, as of now Smile
great forum!! thanks for the info. There migth be new surprises coming.....
or so i heard... maybe an entry level plotter?... we do need it.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for asking, you seem to be very knowledgable. Actually now that I think of it you being very knowledgable about the product should have been my first clue that you didn't work for "three letters".

Anyway, great to have you here. It is great people like yourself that are not afraid of sharing thier knowledge that makes this site so great.

kippro2
medical school freshman

Location: all over the world an soon as possible close by you!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: gold figure.. Reply with quote Back to top

i had the pleasure of viewing the 3000 today what a great machine. could they have done better...u tell me..but my opinion is this is a great machine and will do well in the field keep up the good work guyz...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: