Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

6.5 upgrade problems. paper size resets itself randomly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay
intern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: 6.5 upgrade problems. paper size resets itself randomly Reply with quote Back to top

I had a 3000 with 6.2 software installed. A few weeks ago it went crazy and started displaying wrong paper sizes. This customer wanted an upgrade to the new software, so I figured this was a good time to reghost. I saw there were issues with this before and that upgrading would fix it. II ghosted the controller and it worked for 2 days. Now today it was back to changing to 17" paper intermittently. I spent the day over at the customers. I updated to the newest 6.5 on KIPs website, reseated the IF card, cleared the RAM on the printer and it still does'nt work right. In fact after installing the new patch it got worse.

KIP support finally called me back and told me this is not an issue on 6.5 software. It does'nt happen. (Tell that to my customer) They told me to replace the Dc controller or try swapping another controler out with this one and see what happens, but that the problem would follow. I have swapped and the IPS is what is causing the problem. I was thinking of swapping ram, hardrive, before the if card. Has anyone encountered this? This customer is getting pissed.

Thanks

Jay

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't had this problem, but I have been finding a lot of bad RAM in these IPS units. I think KIP is buying the cheapest stuff out there and they charge an arm and a leg for it. Buy it from somewhere other than KIP. You will get a better quality at a lower price. It is DDR2 -400 PC3200

Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: IPS... O the joys Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys

I would be interested in the serial number of your machine. We have over 60 3000's in the field and we to have had a lot of IPS problems from the earlier white units. I have Kip Japan coming to visit me in two weeks and i will be asking the hard questions , a fix for these problems is first on my list.
What i can suggest for your problem is for you to check the print engine firmware. We have improved our situation with these machines by making sure they all are running at least version 12. We also have made sure all the machines are running 6.5-116 or over.

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have this problem, but perhaps you can get KIP to answer the following questions as well:

Why did I have to pay for replacement fans, instead of KIP recalling them, as everyone was having problems with them until KIP changed to a different fan?
    How do I get my drawings to properly stack in the built in stacker (esp. 18x24 plots?
    Why do I have to use an older pscript.exe file to get acceptable PDF plots?
    How much will the new KIP Color Plotter be?
    When will it be available?
    How many sheets per minute?
    How much will the new Kip 9000 be?
    When will it actually be available?

I think that will do it for now, but, I figure if you have them there, maybe we can pin down some answers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: