Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 8000 is being discontinued! The 9000 is coming!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: KIP 8000 is being discontinued! The 9000 is coming! Reply with quote Back to top

Heard on the street, the 8000 run is done. October is the end of the line. The replacement will be the 9000 (Good idea KIP, name your best machine after what was quite possibly your worst machine).

Here is what is known:
600DPI
Same toner as 8000
Same mechanicals as 8000
Different color scheme like the new 5000
IPS controller possible
Arm for touchscreen integrated
Speed???
Higher price...duh.

Anyone know anything else, post it here.

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've put in a call to our dealer to find out what I can, but they haven't heard of this yet, they should be getting back to me soon though.

RMS
intern

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TALKED TO MY REP. AND IT IS CONFIRMED. WHAT IS LEFT FOR INSTOCK 8000's IS IT. I WAS TOLD THEY ONLY HAVE 12 LEFT AND THAT'S IT, NO 8000's. THE NEW AND IMPROVED 8000 OR 9000 IS WHAT YOU WILL BE BUYING NOW. IT HAS A TOUCH SCREEN BUT NOT SURE WHAT ELSE.

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here is the information that is needed for the new machine:
    How much will it cost compared to the existing 8000?
    What are the advantages to the new machine?
    How fast is the new machine?
    Will it offer color scanning?
    When will it be available?

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIP is scheduled to launch the 9000 end of Oct.
Yes thats 2007.
You can get it with both the 600 or the 2100 scanner.
Same look as the 3K, 5K, and 7K.
Still 22 "D"s per minute, but now with 600 dpi.

LDavis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: KIP 9000 Reply with quote Back to top

As of today the 19th of September, all of the 8000's are sold out.
I called one of the regional sales managers and he said that the 8000 is available with 600 DPI and it comes with either the 2160 or the 2200 color scanner and fancy blue drawer covers. He is finding out if the 9000 can be purchased without the scanner and IPS for us PLP users. I will keep you posted.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am glad we bought one yesterday then, if it is the same speed and less expensive after all.

LDavis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: KIP 9000 Reply with quote Back to top

KIP sales manager called back and said that the 9000 will be available without the scanners and that the prices will be released to the dealers at the end of September or the beginning of October.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LL
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: KIP 9000 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this is old news, but the "NEW" KIP 9000 wil be relesed "...in January, 2008". Which means, maybe later... I suspect this means no production KIP reprographics systems until Feb. 2008.

However they did send along a sharp looking rollout package with equipment and service pricing and some real pretty brochures Laughing

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am very glad that we got one of the last 8000s then, as I don't think our 3000 would have lasted that long.

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also note: The 9000 is more expensive than the 8000 was. That, combined with the gap in availability has caused the value of used 8000's to jump quite a bit.

Has anyone else noticed this? What sort of prices are you seeing? What meter counts?

RD

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes lets give the lowest priced reseller of toner, a hand so he can coner the market in used 8000's

9000-33000 does that help

meters from 3 mil to 11 mil

WWW.JUSTDIGITAL2.COM
WWW.JDPLANROOM.COM
WWW.TONERTOPIA.ORG
WWW.TONERSOPRANO.COM

WWW.AMERICANITALIANCLUB.COM

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geez Sal,

When you say it like that it sounds like a bad thing. Nice to see you post here again, it has gotten a little boring here.

As for the used 8000 market, I am content to resell my own trade-ins. The used market is a perilous place. I have elected to stay out of it.

My purpose for asking was to make sure that I was not selling mine too cheaply.

As for toner, you know the number, I will be happy to help you.

RD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Rumors All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: