Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Poltergeist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Poltergeist Reply with quote Back to top

Have a Kip 3000 this problem started 4 months after being installed.
First time the machine show the codes missing and the scan button gray out. To get machine working we had to pull the IF pwb pull out then reinstalled and the codes came back and the machine work fine for a week then same problem came back. Had to do the same thing. Work fine for another week then same problem and same cure then after a week same problem. Then three weeks ago it got to where it would start printing about 90% of the plot and then stop printing the plot and where it had print the rest of the way it would go to bars like line. We had to ghost the machine to stop this problem. This would work for a day or two. After doing this a couple time we pull a computer from another Kip and swap the computer. This work for about 3 hour then the 2nd one lock up. So we swap the computer back had to ghost both back. And we had to use the disk to ghost factory restore don't always work. Next when it locks up it will print the job with about 10% printed and then changing over to bars. ( these bars are the image stop and the led head stays on.) yesterday I swap out the DC Controller pwb board and it ran about five plots and lock up. Before I replace the board I check the voltage I had 4.88 on the 5v and 24.24 on the 25v etc. While testing the machine Friday I sent a plot and it printed bars and then kept running I got a call and turn the machine off I had to run out and do a call when I came back I turn on the machine I sent a plot and it went into the the job site show printing the clear out but no plot I try this several times same same thing happen. Dose anyone have anything different to try. Rolling Eyes

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, plots hit the queue but nothing comes out.... May require a ghosting to recover from that. Although I've gotten away with running "chkdsk /f" on the C and D drivers. All depends on how corrupted things are. The other thing that could easily cause this problem is the controller software being set for a different machine. I hope you're using the 6.5 ghost image. Make sure you're selecting the 3000 after the image installs. This sets the strobe time in the winuntd.ini along with other vital settings specific to that machine.

Barcoding..... Typical of bad IF communication. Snip all the zip ties leading from the mainboard to the LED head. Especially the ribbon cable. Also clip all the zip ties holding the IF cable that connects to the IPS. Also, check the LED grounding. Make sure the copper tab on the Pri Charge unit contacts the LEDs copper strip.

Make sure that users never kill the power to the machine via a plug strip/surge protector. I had a customer turning the machine off like that before and it would always corrupt the controller. XPe needs to go through it's shutdown process. Always use the power switch on the machine so the UPS can do it's job.
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Need a bigger gun Reply with quote Back to top

I took this morning and pull the new DC Control pcb out and installed the old one back. then I took care of all the wire ties, check the grounds made sure there touching good, grease the contacts with electral grease. try internal ghost three times with no luck had to hard ghost with the disk. this took two time before it would work. then it would not take key codes, shut down request and found the computer showing unable to locate valid interface board. pull computer pull interface pcb and reinstalled. then was able to add key codes. machine work great for 21 plots then lock up. sos
(same Old Sh##) there went two and a half hours of work. only three thing left to replace cable between IF and DC pcb cable between dc and print head or print head I think it is time for KIP to come in with part or RA this machine back.

After a day like this I need a big hug from one of my grandkids.

if anyone wants to see a sample email me with the request.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: