Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Printing out on 8.5x11 or 12x18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pops777
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Printing out on 8.5x11 or 12x18 Reply with quote Back to top

Question Maybe this is a rookie question, but I was wondering how to print out documents meant for 24x36, or 30x42 on 12x18 or 8.5x11? I'm thinking it has something to do with the feeder tray, but our feeder tray hasn't really even been used before. When I send something to our KIP3000 (AKA Li'l Grunty) it just sends a warning text which says 'Insert bond paper either 12" or 18"'. Seeing as how we have no 18" rolls, or 12" rolls, it has to be the feeder, but how do I get it to take from the feeder? Hmmm, sorry i guess I have multiple questions... If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks! Question

charred
intern

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i am assuming that the feeder you are talking about is the manual feed.

on the copy screen, next to the rolls should be a button for cut sheets. press that and select the paper you will be using in the manual feed.

if that button is not showing up on your screen, press the ?
and then the Configuration button. some where in there, depending on your version will be enable cutsheet. make sure that is set to yes to show the button

Pops777
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: It no worky... Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the advice, however, it didn't work. It's when we try to print directly from our computers to plotter onto a 12x18 that it doesn't work. I think you may have thought I was talking about copying. It still didn't read from the feeder. I appreciate you responding. Thanks!

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you're looking for the option to print to the bypass via Request. This can be done if you enable the option in the Request software. Open your Winreq.ini file and find the following option....

AllowCutSheet=0

Change it so AllowCutSheet=1

Save and close the ini. The next time you open Request you'll notice a check box for CutSheet. Use that when you want to print to the bypass. I believe you load your paper first and then submit your print with Request. This is the only way to print from a PC to the bypass. The windows driver doesn't support that kind of thing.
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Back to the original question... when the machine says "insert paper 12" or 18" .. It is asking for either a 12 or an 18 inch roll. Those are available from any paper supplier. Otherwise, you can print to a cut sheet using the information posted above.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you want the print to come out on a 12" x 18" sheet (or whatever reduced size) you will need to get a roll the desired width or print to the sheet feeder.
If you are asking how to print a reduced print to the narrowest roll, which you can then cut down to the desired size, either you are specifying a roll width or your machine is set to "exact" rather than "closest" The 3000 comes set at "closest" by default, so I will assume you are specifying a roll width.

Try sending the print from request at the needed percentage, rather than paper size. For example, if you have a 24" x 36" and want it on a 12" x 18", specify 50% rather than 12" x 18"

Let us know if anyone has resolved your question.

Scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: