Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3000 void areas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Kip Tech
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: 3000 void areas Reply with quote Back to top

On prints longer than about 30 inches I start to get void areas about 2/3 of the way down the print. Eventually the left side pretty much disappears. The final 2-3 inches of the print look perfect. I have adjusted fuser speed,latches, replaced DV and all other ideas posted. I have read on the KIP forum that the drum was replaced on numerous occasions and it fixed the problem. With only 8500 sq. on it does anyone have any experience with this fixing the problem and why. Would like to know before I buy a new drum !! Thanks

RMS
intern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I RAN INTO THE SAME PROBLEM. WHAT I ENDED UP DOING WAS RAISE YOUR TRANS WIRE ABOUT 1mm AND CRANK UP YOUR TRANS VOLTAGE FOR THAT TYPE OF PAPER BY ABOUT 2 PERCENT INTERVALS. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL HELP YOU.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: