Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 3000 / vert 300 stacker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copyman
intern

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Kip 3000 / vert 300 stacker Reply with quote Back to top

set up a new 3002 today and a few things happen, first the belt tension pully by the drum gear broke, the shaft came out of the bracket any idea why this would happen? and second thing was when setting up stacker i could not find brackets that hold the 2 small pcb to be mounted in back of copier. this was the first time setting up a machine with stacker, are these 2 pcb's used with the 3000 model? it does NOT show them in 3000 set-up but does in other models. install instructions show the brackets are suppose to be in the back of machine, i looked everywhere and could not find them. the only thing i can think of is the small circuit boards are not used with the 3002? any help appreciated. thanks

PS, how has this model performed so far? i;m just starting to sell these and i must say today was not a good start. my good friend said he has sold 15 of these so far and has not had a serv call or parts in 2 years, is this possible?

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Broken Shaft Reply with quote Back to top

I have had several of the hex head screws on the pulley shaft brake, I think the type there using dose not go into the shaft enought I replace the hex head with a longer screw made of a diffent weigh. there is no spot for the pwb on a 3000. I don't know if that stacker even gose with that machine. Smile

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the instructions that came with the stacker had the set-up of the 3000 as one of the models listed but did not show these boards in the procedure. they show them in the other models set-up. these 2 small boards are suppose to mount behind windows so they can interface with the stacker, i guess they are the interlock sensors? thanks again

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

According to the install docs on Kip's web site, you need a kit to install the 300 stacker on the 3000.
The kit would include the brackets for the communication pcb's.
The pcb's are for communication between the machine and the stacker for paper size and jam detection.

I had a 3000 that came with the drum tensioner broken.
RMA the bracket to Kip.

I would question the ability for 15 machines to go 2 years without any service calls.
The 3000 is an excellent machine, don't let a few problems discourage you.

Scott

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the replies. i ordered the kit but now the customer told me they threw away a box i had with all the set-up instructions in it. is there somewhere to download the setup instructions for the 300 stacker? or can someone please email me a copy. thanks again

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You have an e-mail address where you might want that sent to?

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sorry, thought that my email was on my profile. here it is: [email protected]
thanks

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks chillin for the instructions and to everyone else that replied. well here is the latest update. i went back and installed the stacker kit but had a few problems. first let me say that the instructions are some of the worse i have seen in 30 yrs. and the kit has parts in it that are not in the instruction book. anyway when the print exits it hits the guide plate and goes up over plate and jams. there is no adjustment on stacker guide plate, or printer. printer is up about 2 inches higher then stacker. the machine is up on locked feet but it did this before i rasied it up. has anyone ever seen this? i was able to get the stacker to work by leaving the metal guide plate off, this is the guide plate that comes with the kit and has to have the 8 small mylar pieces stuck on it.
also getting some background on edges of prints, what adjustments can i do for that?

any ideas greatly appreciated.

thanks again.

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Utility software Reply with quote Back to top

i talked with tech support and they told me that the guide plate is not used with the 3000 it is used with the 5000! i guess that is why it worked by me removing it. like i said the instructions for the stacker SUCK and it clearly states that it is installed in the 3000 manual. ok so now all i have to do is the scanner adjustment. where can i download the utility software to do the scanner adj? i can not see it in the dealer area of the KIP konica/minolta website. can someone please provide a link to download it or email it to me. thanks

doug s
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I sent you an email, Utility program should be attached.

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks charlie & doug for sending me the utility. will i need the driver for the USB? it says something in the manual about loading the USB driver in my laptop before connecting the USB to do scanner calibration? i'm almost there, thanks guys

doug s
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oops driver in route.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: