Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

really slow processing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: really slow processing Reply with quote Back to top

I have a KIP3000 that was just installed in late June. Been running great, but recently it has been really slow to process a print. It'll say processing in the job queue. Approx. 20 min. for one .pdf to send and print. Sleep is warm @ 2 hrs. and cold @ 4 hrs., so this is not the case. Job history has only about 2 pages of single dwgs. I'm guessing it is a software issue. I'll post what I find out, but please let me know ASAP if you've come across this problem and the solution.

Haggis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen PDF's that have all the layer data in them take that long and longer to process. After taking the offending file in AutoCAD and reconverting it to PDF and deselecting the option keep layers the PDF processed quickly.

Just a thought.

- Alan

Pops777
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: What's up with the slow processing? Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I have been having this problem as well. I've noticed it mainly when we, at my company, try to plot out pages after changing the paper (either regular or translucent bond). Could it have anything to do with the plot style that I'm using? Any info would be most helpful... thanks in advance.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are seeing this more and more.
What is happening is the pdf file is not being made ready for printing or flattened.
The best way to tell if a pdf is not flattened is open it up to view it in Request.
If it takes a while to open then the pdf is not flattened.
If you send it to the printer it will flatten it but it could take up to a half hour.
If you convert the file in Request this will also flatten it and it will print much faster.

GR

Pops777
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Our Company Car Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info, but I have just been trying to plot .dwg files directly from my compy, and again, it's only when we change the roll of bond. I have a sinking suspicion it's the driver, but not 100% about that yet. Again, thanks for the info though... I will take that into consideration when we deal with .pdf's in the future. Have a good one!

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have noticed this issue at 3 of my customers... The m2h.exe process is the one that is running and taking forever. All of my issues have been on 6.2. Does anyone know if KIP made improvments to this issue in 6.5?

peter_kelowna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: similar problem on KIP-7000 IPS solved Reply with quote Back to top

My client got rid of there old Xerox 8850 and I put in a KIP-7000 IPS.
The complained of slow process speed when printing directly from ACAD.
The often import Raster files to there DWG's.

THE FIX:
Open ACAD and go to Plot/ Publish.
Look for "OLE Plot Quality" and check the monochrome box.
also check the "use OLE application when plotting OLE objects"

Seemed to work great and they are now plotting with very little processing time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: