Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

TRAINING INFO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: TRAINING INFO. Reply with quote Back to top

I WENT TO TRAINING IN NOVI MICHIGAN A YEAR AGO.IN THE WEEK TIME I WAS THERE I HAD 5 INSTRUCTORS.I DIDN T LEARN MUCH WE ARE A KONICA MINOLTA DEALER WITH NO WIDE FORMAT EXP. IS THERE ANY INFO SUCH AS WEB BASE TRAINING THAT I CAN LOOK AT?WE ARE NOW STARTING TO INSTALL THE KIP 3000 (5) AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW /REFRESH MYSELF WITH LOADING SOFTWARE,KIP REQUEST AND OTHER THINGS THAT I DIDN T GET IN TRAINING.
THAKKS.
JOE

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When it comes to software installation, the 3000 users guide on the cd has a lot of info, it is definitely NOT your usual copier/printer user guide.
As for hardware training, there is only factory classes. But if you ever have any questions, this is a good place to get them answered.

Scott

Snake
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is what drives me nuts about Kip, I am losing orders (or having to drop my price dramaticly) to complete against "dealers" with no wide format experiance. Joe, this is not a shot at you,but this is quickly becoming the downfall of my ability to sell and service Kip at a margin that keeps my business afloat.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you have discovered a huge weakness in K Mart. In my opinion the technical training of this company is one of the worst I have ever experienced. I can say this because I used to teach these shotgun classes and had a day and a half to make every person in the class a Kip expert. This is not to say that the guys teaching these classes are bad. Quite the contrary, these guys are some the best you will encounter anywhere. Trouble is what they are asked to do. Take 6 guys who have maybe never seen a wide format machine and make them pros in 2 days. Doesn't work.

One of the best stories I have is from one of my classes. I had just finished doing my very detailed bit on the copy process and all that is involved with that (about two hours worth of talking). I decided to let the guys take a break and let the info sit for about ten minutes or so.

One guy comes up to me and says " I think I have this copy process stuff down, but can I ask you one question?"
I said " sure".
He said " can you just explain the difference between AC and DC current?"

I didn't know what to do with that one. These guys were supposed to be techs. How can I be expected to explain electrical theory and teach this abbreviated class? Well, long story short, this was just one of the many reasons I decided to leave. I couldn't deal with the fact that I was sending these guys out into the field without the real skills they needed to be successful. This is one of the reasons K marts dealer turnover is so high. Hell, they had Ikon at one point and they bailed on us.

Plain and simple, K mart's infrastructure still needs much needed expansion. There is still no tech support dept. that you can call and be assured of getting someone who knows these units to help you. (Some of my old dealers still call me. because they can never get anyone to call back from K Mart.)
Again, nothing bad about the people that work there. I still consider most over at the ranch my friends and also some of the best tech people in the biz. They are doing the best they can with the resources they are provided. They still have the best product out there by far, but the time for change is fast approaching. It has been 5 years since the 8000 stormed the market. This time frame to be on top is just about right. This biz is cyclical and the time for a new king of the hill is up. The competitors have not rested. They have regrouped. K mart has no idea what is coming. Just keep watching. I have been in this biz for almost 20 years. I have seen it all.

This is only my opinion. What do I know?
Sorry for the rant. I think I better go jump on the Harley for a little while.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with the Doc... The technical people at KIP are top notch and turn out a quality product. I think the largest problem with them is managment. If we all see the same issues going on, how come managment doesn't step in and do something??? I think they are going to have to change in the near future or take a beating from the competition. The Konica Minolta deal is going to be like the Ikon disater. Kip just wants to make the sale and be done with it. Too bad it dosn't work like that. They should have learned from the Ikon issue....

joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SNAKE,I UNDERSTAND YOUR POSITION AND I DON T TAKE IT PERSONAL. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN YOUR BUISNESS. THIS IS APIECE OF EQUIPMENT THAT I AM EXPECTED TO SERVICE WITH VERY LITTLE TRAINING.AND YES DOC IS CORRECT ON TECH SUPPORT - I HAVE WAITED 3-4 HRS FOR A CALL BACK IF THEY CALLED BACK AT ALL.

JOE

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you want help and serious about, just holla, we will asist you.
The bottom line is if YOU and Minolta fails we all fail. With kip
because it puts a bad taste in people mouth about service that then makes the box look like crap.
We seen it Ikon big with that C-4 K&E ect...

So as a person who like KIP and the product its my duty as well as other to assist you so we can continue, I cleaned up a lot of crap from guys that know jack, and so have others here,
so seriously take my advice and offer give a holla, you wont be let down

good luck and look forward to assistin you

joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANK-YOU KIPINTERN FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND IF I NEED A HELPING HAND I WILL POST MY ISSUE.
THANKS AGAIN

JOE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: