Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3002 Small Deletion At End

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMS
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: 3002 Small Deletion At End Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 3002 in the field with approximately 113k and at the end of a 30"x42" I am getting a deletion in the print. The machine has new wires and the developer has been rebuilt. This problem just showed up and it does not matter what I change it is always in the same spot at the end of the print and only at the end. All other print sizes are ok. For some reason I think I am missing something. Have any of you come across this???? Thanks in advance.

peter_kelowna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: you can check... Reply with quote Back to top

go into the service screen and ensure "Expanded Margins" in on.
You can also turn on "Transfer Support" here.

Or go into Service Mode - #4 Adjustments. Try adjusting "Transfer Corona Off Timing" (submode 2)

or "Trail Margin" (submode 2 or 3) Two submodes here to adjust for roll and cut sheet seperately.

I have also found that the KIP driver can sometimes cause funky print results, but that's for a different show.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Look to see if the paper is laying down flat as it goes across the T&S assy on the longer prints. I have seen the 3000 if the fuser section is too tight or the fuser speed is off a bit cause a slight wave in the paper as it enters the fuser section not enough to cause a wrinkle in the paper, but enough of a wave as to not transfer the image in the middle of the print on the trail edge usually only on longer prints 30x42 or 36x48.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: