Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Hard to deal with customers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The service call from hell.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Hard to deal with customers Reply with quote Back to top

Don’t you hate when you go out of your way to help a customer and they stab you in the back?

I had this happen to me this week, and I still sit back pondering what else could I have done to make this customer happy. I guess the reality of it is, you can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can’t make all the people happy, all the time. Taking pride in your work is extremely hard.

I guess the ultimate question here is, Should I hold a grudge, or should I be the better person?

Thanks for the vent…

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Don't hold it Reply with quote Back to top

I have found out that when you have a asshole customer best thing to do is kill them with kindless. This make you a better person than them. I have stood there many time and let them chew on my ass and just smile. This kills them more than if you drop to there level. Like my boss told me long long time ago let them say what ever they want too you can call them any thing you want to when your in your car leaving. Smiles kills more than words. Laughing

Grandkids make the day worth getting up for Very Happy

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey dogs, forget that !

You gain respect when you tell them like it is, Screw that smile bs and christian turn the other cheek so they can smack you in it! When I turn my other cheek its for them to kiss it !

Tell them the alternatives, and how if they are under contract its well within reason when you are going to the call , you became ill, or had a emergenceny or flat ect...

Be smarter than them, this means you gained the respect and the upper hand then do your job get it done, and then smile, if not pick up your phone and tell the boss your wife got cramps and you got to leave, leave themm high and dry, return in am fix it and go on your merry way.

Just My thought and I got a lot of respect out there !

and change a crap load of flat tires on my way to a service call!!!

LAter Guys !!!

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Intern is largely correct.

Customers can be like children; they push and whine and push some more until you push back. Some of my best customers,and friends for that matter, are cemented by telling them where to go.

Respect is they key. Kindness, friendship, "relationship", are all nice, but they are all descended from RESPECT.

People will only give you as much crap as you allow them to. Best to nip it in the bud.

Remember, behind every smile, there are teeth.

RD

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry guys, Charlie Brown is correct!
You can be tough and hard with a customer and I guarantee they will be calling your competitor the minute you ass hits the door.
How many companies in your area can sell and service a KIP, I bet 5 to 6.
They do need to respect your ability to keep them up and running, but far more important is your apprecation for there need to get there work out the door.
So smile, work with your customer.
You will be the one smiling all the way to the bank.

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats the standard service manager attitude .
And thats fine up in the midwest and besdies you collect a check every week right, therefor you like to keep your job and put up with the crap people dish out to you or your techs.

Customers will always go to the next guy even when you are the best its the nature of them, I have have them leave then come back, I have them disrespect my techs and then Kiss there ass and apolagize when i got off the phone.

I come from a back ground of earn the respect based on Knowledge and respect and the best end results possible.

The dont treat us like that or my people I go out and work harder and get a new customer to take the place of them. But I assure at the end of the day standing tall and your ground will go a lot farther than Yes Sir can I have another Sir !

Thats a company man speakin rather than a man that works for himself and respects his techs.

If my guys get crap, I assure you I personally handle the matter and the customer 100% of the time apolagizes to them and we never have this problem.

Just My opinion, I like things cut and dry its either black and white or this side of the fence or the other Not in the middle and not in the gray areas.
hasnt done bad for me at all, Still got a lot of get up and go left in me,

If a customer gives you the old bend over and kiss my butt I am the number one customer you got, Let me hook you up, bet you they stay, But will understand a thing or two about how to respect the services you provide.

On the words of my Uncle Vito: I am gonna make you an offer you cant refuse!
either you sign this contract or your blood will be on it !

Still customer service as i see it, just flex if you got it.
I know it works for the broads at the giggly joints why not us !

LAter dudes and lighten up, !

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Hard to deal with Reply with quote Back to top

I don't kiss anyone ass I will take so much off customer if they get too bad I pack my bag. And I will let my office handle the problem. One good thing about my company. If I have a problem customer I can walk into the Vice President of the President office sat down and talk about the problem. The President has gone as far as called the company in question and tell them he will be sending them a check for what is left on there contract. Yes I may be a company man but this company has took care of me for 30 years when I got hurt at work and was lay up for 6 months they made sure I had no wants. they came and mow my yard, and check on me all the time. The president call the Ins company and told them they better take good care of me for I had been with him long than his son. There nothing wrong with being a company man if you have a company that takes good care of you. How many people can walk into the president office and just sat down and bullshit if that what he want too. there is a line to dealing with customer and you have to know it. Smile

Grandkids are for spoiling them give them back to the kids Laughing

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL
Well I know where I'm going to put my next shop.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Funny stuff guys. Thanks for the laugh.

This customer finally appologized to me for their behavor. As they should have.

Thanks for all the thoughts and support.

I am sure I will probably have another asshole to bitch about here soon.

Stay Tuned,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The service call from hell. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: