Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

MYLAR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gone fishin
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: MYLAR Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer trying to use their 8000 to print on 4 mil mylar. I have spent many hours and wasted a lot of mylar trying to adjust the machine w/o luck.
The mylar print s come out good at the beggining but after 7 sheet at 18 x 24 the toner starts going stringy. I have tried adjusting the temp down nad then up. It is currently set at 190 for mylar and has given me the best results but only for a short time.
I have an infra red temp sensor and used it to check temp while the machine is running but I don't see any change in temp.
Could this be caused by a recoated fusing roller? I'd rather not have to replace the lamps or pressure roller and be guessing.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A recoated roller could be doing this. We have tried in the past the recoated rollers and have had no luck with the fusing even on bond. It has been about a year since we last tried one though. You are having the exact problem we saw. The toner seemed like it was sticking more to the fuser roller instaed of the paper/mylar. The prints came out where you could just wipe off the toner or like you said stringy.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chillin is right. We had nothing but problems too with the recoats. I always buy our rollers from KIP. The recoats just don't work.

gone fishin
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: No Problem Reply with quote Back to top

I have been using the recoated rollers for some time now and have had no issues other than having to adjust the fusing temp a little bit.

The cost savings have increased my profit margin and until now my customers have had no issues.

I will continue using them and for this customer I will try a KIP fusing roller.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where do you get your recoat rollers from? I tried the alden broden recoats, but have had no luck.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where do you get your recoat rollers from? I tried the alden broden recoats, but have had no luck.

gone fishin
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Alden Broden Reply with quote Back to top

Alden Broden, I have not had the issues with their re coats but like I said "I have had to do a few minor adjustments for temp settings".

ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Raise temperature for fusing issue? Reply with quote Back to top

Ya'll talk about adjusting the fuser temperature but don't say up or down or how many degrees at a time Rolling Eyes

I'm just experiencing this tonight on 36 x 42 trying to copy onto 4mm film on an SP5000. Haven't run film for awhile so this surprised me. In the past the film would come out warm and I'd lay it flat on a table so it would cool down without waves. So my thought is that the temp. should go up from the 145 (spec) it is set at now - but not sure how high to go. It's only about 2-3 inches on the left (gears) side but sure can't run them on 24" which is often a quick fix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: