Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Not able to communicate with printer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragazzi
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Not able to communicate with printer! Reply with quote Back to top

Kip Request (Revision 6.5.23) error message:

Not able to communicate with printer!

I have it working on 3 of 4 machines. The 4th gives me the error message above. All the rest give me the proper roll and square footage information.

I have installed it in exactly the same way as the other three (working) computers. I've also tried completely uninstalling it (and all other KIP components) and reinstalling.

I'm out of tricks... Help!

Chris

MasterBlaster
intern

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you go into Request and use Find Kip Printers does it see the printer?

Is it possible that there is an old copy of KawPdFt.Exe somewhere else on the computer that it is running?

Try clearing out the request temporary directory: C:\Program Files\Kip\Request\TR it is possible that there is a corrupted file in the directory that isn't allowing it to communicate with the printer.

Also check your environment variables on that computer, go to DOS and type "SET" you should see a KIPR=C:\Program Files\Kip\Request\

Good Luck!

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you ping the printer? If so, try an older version of request like 6.2.5

ragazzi
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! You guys led me in the right direction...!

The ping didn't work... So I checked it on one of the others, and the other computer DID get the ping reply....

It was his freakin' firewall settings!!

Now everything's running great! Thank you!

Chris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: