Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Paper roll info dropping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Paper roll info dropping Reply with quote Back to top

I have 1 machine that keeps saying there is no paper in the machine. I have taken the guide roller next to the drive gear on the drawer out. I have installed the shim. I have done just about everything, but if the machine sits idle for a while and then a job is submitted, it loses the paper roll info. It indicates no paper in roll 1 or 2. But the paper is still in the drawer and ready to go. I would have to open and close several times to be able to read it. Any clues?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure the machine is level. The frame of the 3000 is so flimsy that if the machine is out of level the paper drawer can deform and not load correctly. Seen it before.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doc is right again. Look at the gears that drive the drawer and I bet they are not turning. With the drawer closed you can shine a light in the top left of the paper drawer and see if the gears are turning or not. They won't mesh together properly causeing this problem. It is very common.

jip
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: paper roll info dropping Reply with quote Back to top

If is any help i had similar issue when adding a 2nd roll deck. There are pulleys on both sides of drawer but one is longer than the other. Make sure they are on the correct side. Also in addition to levelling machine check out drawer connector at back of machine.
________
Bolivian Recipes

Last edited by jip on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Haith
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had this issue aswell, even with 3 shims in close to the end of the roll the machine would drop the paper. I took paper out turned the spool with a screwdriver and could see the spool rise up and away from the gear. So i took the shims out from where the screws are at (where kip tells you to put them) and put them above the screws to give it an angle effect to keep the spool down. After doing so i turned the spool with the screwdriver again and it did not rise up, put the paper on tha was having the issue and ran the whole roll out. Try putting the shims above the screws.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: