Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Fuser Gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Fuser Gear Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone beside our company have trouble out of the new mod kit and the gears they have you replace. We have had several break the teeth will snap right off . luckly we kept the old ones if you have any mod you have not done yet don't change the gears Mad

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On most of the KIP 3000's they are being shipped with the fuser pressure too tight. I have had the 3000's break gears and even a drive shaft snapped in half on one. You can check the nip width to confim this or you can pull out the fuser section and try and turn in by the white gear that drives the exit roller. If it is hard to turn by hand then it is too tight. This will also cause a bad vibration in the fuser section when the machine is in standby mode. I have been loosening the fuser section between 1 and 3 turns of the tension screws on all of my 3000's.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We had one do this also. We installed the mod, then relieved some of the pressure (about 3 turns). A week later we got a call and all the teeth were stripped off.

actrepro
intern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i actually had the original gear break
the 3000 has about 90k sq on it
did upgrade it with the fuser kit

jimbeau
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have had 2 3000's each break 2 fuser gears even after replacing the bearing kit and adjusting pressure on each printer. At one point kip had a hollow plastic gear instead of a solid plastic gear that i found would break in half if the pressure was too tight. I see that kip has gone back to the solid gear--still plastic, but is less likely to break, also check and make sure the printer is level!

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am having an issue with the plastic fuser gear also. Snapped a couple teeth and I went to replace it this morning. Customer just called and said that the fuser is thumping on the back door as it turns and he sees a couple of teeth laying under the gears. This has been an ongoing issue with these guys. I know about the TB on the fuser pressure, but which way is up. With the fuser assembly out, I see 11 notches on both sides that indicate the height of the bracket. Does 1 start from the top or bottom. I know that if I lower it, the pressure is lessened. It was actually down to the 3rd notch from the bottom up this morning and I moved it up to the 5th notch. Now I have to go replace the gear again, but I need a permanent fix.

MarkII
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Fuser gear failures Reply with quote Back to top

I had several 3000's with this gear issue and we discover adjusting the fuser pressure and the heater temp solve the premature gear failures...
Quote:
It is easier to pull if we KIP pulling together!...

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what temp setting works for you?

MarkII
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Fuser gear failure Reply with quote Back to top

I am playing between 5 to 20 degrees C depending on the season but watch out for poor toner fusing...

DCP00
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We Have many 3000's with the same problem. We have tried all above fixes . We did the mod's with solid gears ,new bearings and changing nip values but day's later same thing. It looks like the solid gear are not reliable, they also loose their teeth. We ran out of OEM gears and had some locally manufactured from white nylon, since the replacements of local gears we have (not one to say as I write) no problems .

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should sell some of those gears to the rest of us. How long have you been using them????

MarkII
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Fuser gear failure Reply with quote Back to top

Likewise, here we do sent gears manufactured locally (e.g., dev, drive, fuser gears, etc,) when urgency needed, a bit expensive though!... In my view these plastic gears which are hard steels in the old days are meant to be broken for some reasons (as everybody knows), not to damage major parts which are more expensive to replace.

Furthermore, HDP's has still much to improve before becoming impregnable machine as a nature of Jap technology.

Quote:
It is easier to pull if we KIP pulling together!...

DCP00
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have been using these gears for over a year now. I will gladly sell them to you but it will cost far more than OEM parts because of the shipping costs. If you really want some sent to you pm me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: