Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 3000 w/ no color option enabled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrcmyk
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: KIP 3000 w/ no color option enabled Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer that needs the color option on a new 3000, they bought the color option and the keycodes to enable it. I entered the key code to enable the color option, but it is not checked. the service mode (and the key code listing) list the color option but it is not enabled. It has IPS v6.2, is it possible that this unit is an older unit that doesn't support color? I saw in the forum that older models also require a hardware upgrade to do color. if this is so for this SN unit, would they not have included the hardware too when we ordered the key codes? I see on the list of options and upgrades the color option, but I do not see 2... one before SN XXXXXX and 1 after. I reloaded the IPS s/w, no change.

"It's not a BUG, It's an undocumented special feature"

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was under the impression that you always had to add the chip to enable color scanning unless you ordered it that way from the factory.

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Color code Reply with quote Back to top

Just a questions you did imput you other codes first if you don't it will not take the color code Laughing

kipuser123
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You will need the color chip for the scanner if it's not already installed. To check, connect a PC (or laptop) to the scanner and see the device name in Device Manager. If it's 105SK then it doesn't have the chip, if it's 105SC then it does have the chip.

You will have to upgrade the firmware from 1.0 to 1.3

You will have to reghost the IPS with 6.5 and update all the clients (windows print driver, request)

Hope this helps.

BTW, you will also have to white balance and color calibrate the scanner then perform the closed loop color calibration for the inject device (if appropriate)

mrcmyk
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if the 3000 was ordered w/ the color option, I got involved after the unit had been installed. all options, cept color, were enabled when I came on the scene. I even reloaded IPS software, but no luck.

the printout lists:

Software v 1.2.255
Hardware V K105SC 1.31
Printer EPROM Q105X11B
IPS = 6.2.168-04

So it looks like it should scan color

"It's not a BUG, It's an undocumented special feature"

kipuser123
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IPS 6.2-168 was never released for color although I'm sure it worked for demonstrations. However, KIP wouldn't support this version for color. I'd upgrade to 6.5 as this is the offical version.

You didn't report back on the scanner firmware version. This must be 1.0

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have installed a couple of newer 3000s, but none of them was ordered with the color scan option. I had to go "unlock" the option for my clients to use the Job log for reprinting on the the touchscreen. I recall seeing a "locked" color scan capabilities in the same page. If my recollection serves me right, you might have to go "unlock" the option before the keycodes will recognize that it has the color option. But, I've been know to be wrong before. This is just my $.02.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: