Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

blank voids appear on sheets randomly
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vsgm
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: blank voids appear on sheets randomly Reply with quote Back to top

I'm working on a 7000 that will leave blank areas on the prints. The blank are is usually the same shape, roughly circular or oval (with the longer part running vertical) overall 2" wide by 4" long. The blank can appear on every other sheet or only appear once every 10 or 20 sheets. It never seems to happen on two sheets in a row. Sheet size can be any width by any cut length (11" to 48") and usually occurs in the middle to middle right area of the sheet.

The blank spots got really bad when I changed the user mode to H/H from the newer Ud setting. L/L also didn't work well.

I'm thinking about pulling out the roller in back of the cutter to see if that solves the problem, but am not anxious to do this as I just went on a wild goose chase thinking it might be the "worm-like" voids described in tech bulletin 08a.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would appreciate you help!

Thanks,

Vincent

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you have already discovered the design flaw in the 7000. Make enough noise and K mart will swap the machine. They have done it before. Of course this is just my opinion.

vsgm
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this a problem with all 7000s or just certain models?

Customer's getting tired of it and we're thinking of swapping it out for an Oce

peter_kelowna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: KIP Swapping out units? Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Doc, Do you have the rest of this story available somewhere?
What "design flaw" is it you are referring to?
I have two high volume 7000's that I service regularily

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PM sent.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your scaring me, Doc. I thought they had worked all the bugs out.
I have a 7000 coming soon, if I run into problems you will be (as always) the man to talk to!!!!!

Scott

Cabok
intern

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Same problem over here... We tought it was a T/S issue, or fuser entrance plate, but after replacing the fuser rolls, the dev unit and all the wires, it's still there... and I just looked today to see if it was a common problem -> Doc, if you can send me the same PM, I'd love to know more regarding this.

Thanks

9lives
intern

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If there is any way I can get a PM too I would appreciate it. We were going to buy our first 7000 in the next month or two, but if there is a major flaw we will stick one of our older 8000's in there.

Tech4U
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Random voids on output Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen this problem before and I just worked on one today. I don't know if this is the exact same problem being described, but what I found was related to the fuser entrance plate that some one had eluded to in one of the posts. I have also seen this problem on the 8000. It usually appeared on 30" and 36" prints. So 30X42 or 36X48 inch prints. Anyway the problem I am seeing is with the entrance plate solenoid and specifically the freezing up of the entrance gate. What happens is the shaft that runs through the developer that the entrance plate is attached to will gum up and the entrance plate will no longer move up or down it just stays stuck in one position. I use INX in a long spout bottle and wash all of the linkage and pivot points at the solenoid and associated to the entrance plate. I also wash the bushings on each end of the fuser where the shaft comes through the fuser housing. After they are clean I use another long spout oiler and oil all of the friction points, linkage, and bushings. Once that is done you should be able to push the plunger in on the solenoid by hand and have the entrance plate come back down on its own. In some cases on the 8000 I attached a spring to the linkage and to the fuser frame anywhere I could find a place. It has to be able to let the solenoid pull in but still have enough tension to help the entrance plate come back down. If you haven't tried this I would give it a shot. It has worked for me on several machines.

SVT_underpressure
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is the doctor in the house?

Can you send me the PM...I have been trying to solve this issue and its getting the better of me...

I will try to post a picture of my problem soon.

Thanks for your time.

SVT_underpressure
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a picture of what the 7000 is putting out and what the deletions look like...has anyone had these occur?

They occur at the leading edge and not on every print but usually in the same place...center of print.

Haith
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really dont understand all this "send me the PM" talk this is an open fourm share the knowledge.....

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SVT,

Is this on the first sheet out, or does it make the deletions during a run?

Scott

samiam
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DOC-

PLEASE P.M. ALSO.

kipman
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: copy of this PM Reply with quote Back to top

Hey KIP Doc I really would like to see a copy of this PM also I have a 7000 that is putting these voids on my prints at random and I tried everything and called KIP with no luck every technician tells me to try something different and I am having not luck the customer actually went to my boss now this thing is making me look bad I need help my boss doesn't think I have done all that I can.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: