Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Fuser Knocking in Slow speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Fuser Knocking in Slow speed Reply with quote Back to top

We had a unit that made a knocking sound when in slow speed after trying several things pull fuser bushings and use wheel bearing grease on them. machine has not had no problems in three weeks.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

According to the people who should know. They are saying the fuser section are coming from Japan too tight. Maybe that is why there have been some fuser mods, broken fuser drive parts etc. I have been loosening them about two turns on each side and so far it has been better.

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Too Tight Reply with quote Back to top

We try that, Kip had told us that and we also installed the mod kit and new bushing till we did the grease nothing help. this is just to keep in your mind if you run into this problem.

irishkipper
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen this on a couple machines now. Put the bearing kit in, proved to be worthless. I found that if i removed the fuser door and bypassed those door switches to make the machine run. If I put pressure on the right hand side of the fuser assembly (looking at the back, where the fuser drive is) the nocking instantly stopped. I put a washer in between the fuser assembly and the locking plate (on the upper screw) and this put the extra pressure that the machine wanted. So far not one complaint since this mod a couple months ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: