Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Color scanning on old Kip 3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Color scanning on old Kip 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

When KIP first came out with the color option for the KIP 3000 there were talks that it would be an option to add it onto the original KIPs, what is the status of this? How would we go about doing it, if it is available?

pq
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm told a software update is in the works that will allow this, along with a hardware upgrade to add the necessary "color chip" to the scanner.
Check with your dealer manager.

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I usually know about these things before he does, which is why I asked here.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard it's in the works as well. I think it'll be more than just software though. On the graphtec scanners you need to add a chip to enable the 24bit color option. It's possible the original 3000s don't have that chip.
www.PlotTrackerPro.com - Kip Accounting Software

pq
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is exactly right Neil. I'm pretty sure the chip will be bundled into the standard upgrade charge to add color support.

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But when can I get it? Really we need color scanning, but not enough to justify buying a new machine to get it.

pq
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was told February....hey that starts Thursday already!

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any further information on this? It is now Feb. and the last post said that's when it should be available.

pq
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Our dealer rep visited us today; should be available later this month.

cmwade77
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope so, we really do need this, but do not want to have to buy a whole new machine for this.

kipuser123
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Color Upgrade Reply with quote Back to top

Type A machines (the earlier ones) need an upgrade kit. This comprises of a "chip" (it's not really a chip) that goes into the scanner and you need to re-ghost the controller to IPS 6.5. You also need to upgrade the firmware from 1.0 to 1.3.

The old windows print drivers need to be removed which is a real pain. Delete the "printer", delete the port, delete the drivers then you have to delete certain dlls. Request can be simply updated.

Hope this helps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: