Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Roll Deck 2 Backing out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Roll Deck 2 Backing out Reply with quote Back to top

I have a KIP 2000 that will continually back out roll 2. I've switched clutches, switched sensors, switched spindle breaks, and switched the the roll driver PCB. It will print an entire job from deck 2, but when you switch back to deck 1, print a plan or two, then switch back to deck 2 it will back out and give you 02- . Any suggestions so I can keep what little hair I have left???

Thanks

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Something to check. When you load paper the wheel in the middle you use to feed the paper. The bottom side of that there is another roller that puts pressure. The black plastic housing (it is on the bottom side of the roll deck) sometimes break a little tab that holds it in and when it breaks it doesn't put enough "pinch" on the paper, and I have seen J-01 and j-02. Good luck.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Springs and roller are fine, and no broken parts on assembly
thanks for the input... still searching

peter_kelowna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: did you resolve the roll 2 backout problem on the KIP? Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be interested in how you made out. I have a very sick 2000 in my shop that has J1, J2 regardless of replacing nearly all related parts.
I'm thinking for replacing the DC Controller next. Any thoughts?

jeremy
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On drawer 1 there are 2 clutches one is a feed clutch the other is a reverse clutch.
Have you tried replacing the reverse clutch on drawer 1?
Also make sure the encoder pulse disk on drawer 2 is not bent or damaged and it is sitting inbeween the sensor, I have seen customers damage these by dropping the roll into the drawer.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have literally replaced every clutch the motor, the boards, the encoder wheel, I am going to physically replace the deck with another one next week.

jeremy
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think your issue is that the printer is not getting the paper end signal from the sensor in drawer 2.
You may try watching it in the output mode.
I think it looks for this signal when the paper is reversing and tells the motor when to stop.

Do you get a j-02?

Another thing to check is the interloock switches in the back, the ones that tell the printer when the drawer is closed.
Make sure the switches fully press the little button on the switch.
Just bias the actuator a little so it presses the little button harder.
I have seen were the switches were just barely making contact and when the drawers were moving the paper back and forth the switch would show closed but drop the 24 volts.
Try this, as the printer is running push and or smack on the drawer and see if you can get it to mess up.
I have seen this on several 6000's.
Swaping the drawer would eleminate a bad drawer sensor also make sure that the drawer is latching properly.
Good luck

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll give that a try, I've tried everything else. I'm not getting a J-02 error, it will just show 02- then pull from drawer #1. I've had a 2000 come back as a trade in that was miled out so I'm also going to swap the entire drawer if this does not work.

Thanks

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was there a solution for this? I have this happening on drawer 3. It only happens once or twice a day.

Thanks!

peter_kelowna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: recent fix Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 7000 that was doing this. The 7000 has 2 rolls per deck so it was quite easy to exclude all other rolls. My roll 3 was backing out and would not load. Obviously the problem was exclive to roll 3 alone.

Through the diagnostics I checked:
encoder = ok
RP Set 3 sensor = ok
clutches = ok as swapped with roll 1, plus I toggled them via diagnostics
and could hear the slight ticking noise.

The problem ended up being part # 6601300041 'Holder counter roller'
on the deck. It was broken, just a little bit.

Look up that part number in your 7000 manual and check the similar
part on your 2000.

Good luck - you'll get it I'm sure.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The easy fix was that I replaced the entire roll deck with another roll deck and the problem went away. When I got the suspect roll deck back to the office and inspected it I found that the drawer contact board had a loose wire and I think when the paper would reverse and return to home position the torque would cause the connection to break. I replaced the wire and the deck has been running for about a year now without any further problems.... but it was a tough one to find!

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will try that. Thank-you!

sbb
medical school senior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a similar problem, what is the part number of drawer contact board KIP Dude mentioned?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: