Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Fuser Drive Gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Fuser Drive Gear Reply with quote Back to top

I have a kip 3000 that has in a month time gone thought two fuser drive gears, this unit falls past the Mod kit ser # and I was told by kip that they are coming out with mod kit for this range of numbers. This unit has the oil lite bearing. The last gear it broke it spilt it in haft and this time bent the drive pin on the shaft. Has any one else see this. I check the fuser unit it run fine not tight. And after I replace the pin and gear ran fine. Also try finding a 2x14 mm pin.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 300 that is doing the same thing. I did notice that when the fuser almost stops, it will reverse. I talked with tech support and we suspect the dc driver board is causing this. I have replaced 3 gears in 2 monthes. Next visit I will try the board.

MonsenTech
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a 3000 that did something really weird right out of the box. The machine ran fine, but the fuser ran BACKWARDS. Everything else absolutely spot on, but the fuser running backward. After replacing everything from the DC controller to the fuser motor, the resolution to the problem was a bad firmware chip revision. They're supposed to be backward compatible, but I doubt it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: