Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Another bad broker BRK Associates - Burt Kelman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Good guys, bad guys.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Another bad broker BRK Associates - Burt Kelman Reply with quote Back to top

Those of you that know me personally know that I am a very patient and fair person. Amazingly I held off for over 6 months before I posted this hoping the guy would do the right thing. He didn't. Now the world will know.

I purchased an 8000 from this guy and he told me the machine was in great shape with a newer drum and was installed in an engineering firm. The machine got here and the drum was still in the machine. Obviously the drum was damaged. I asked for reimbursement. Many songs and dances later still no check. I knew where he lived and went to pay him a visit. His house was wide open but no one answered the door. I left a note in the mail box saying I would return. The next week I had a check for half of the money. Good, we are on the right track. But nothing further for a long time. Many phone calls no response. Enough is enough. Time to call him out. Everyone needs to know this and stay far away.

Also he is a liar. I ran the serial number of this machine and found that it was installed in a print shop in NY. Also I checked the software counter and found that the hard counters showed 3 million sq ft but the soft counters showed over 10 million sq ft.

Stay away from this guy and tell your friends. If you know this guy tell him I have not and will not forget about what he owes me.

Jay
intern

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This guy screwed a customer of ours too. They bought a used 8000 from him and wanted us to inspect it. The dv unit was trash. The drum was in the machine and was trashed in shipment. The toner was left in the machine and of course was spilled everywhere. One enblock on the transfer assembly was cracked. Burt said he would only replace the drum. He said the other problems were normal wear. Needless to say he never sent a new drum and the customer had t eat all the rest of the money for the parts. Burt wont even return our phonecalls.

Jay
intern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It gets even worse on closer inspection. The green fuser crank inside the door won't mesh with the fuser gears. The fuser is bent up. The transfer block that runs to the hv board is cracked. The feed paper feed assembley barely works. Got it all fixed in 4 days. I would recomend against buying from BRK no matter how sweet the deal sounds. We are in about 4000 dollars in parts so far.

Jay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Good guys, bad guys. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: