Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

IRGA NEWS! NEW KIP PRODUCTS LAUNCHED!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: IRGA NEWS! NEW KIP PRODUCTS LAUNCHED! Reply with quote Back to top

Now that the fanfare, drum rolls and unveiling is over (what a showman!),
the doc can tell you what he knows about the two exciting products KIP is showing at the IRGA.

First the new KIP 5000 (should have changed the name, too much confusion). Basically a revamped 6000 engine using the scanner and the touchscreen interface from the 3000. A winner here for sure. Big news is the revamped developer unit in this model. This is not the 6000 developer unit (thank you oh KIP Gods). This is a new HDP unit that uses a new supply roller, actually it is a supply brush that should not get embedded with toner like the 2000 and the 6000 did. Good job KIP engineers. Learn from your mistakes. We all do. Looking forward to this model.

Second and most interesting is the KIP Color 80. A completely new unit that is four color , 6 D size per minute. Amazing!!! Yes, there are four developer units. It's also electrostaic. Most of the details are heavily guarded. I understand Philly B was standing guard over the machine and internals and was ready to use the piece he was packing if anyone got too close. (miss ya Philly B, I will never forget Vegas!)
Anyway this unit will have to be closely watched. This is a completely new market and area for KIP. There are lots of good, inexpensive color ink jets out there. It remains to be seen if a $200,000 (estimated) machine will sell in this market place. The people that saw this machine today were impressed, but I also remember when we launched the two color 9020 out in California so long ago. (Did anyone buy that machine?)
If I sound skeptical about color, I am. There is a market here, just not sure if it is that big. Maybe KIP will make thier own market. I hope so. Oh, they say the KIP cOLOR 80 will be out in January, so that means August in KIP months.

Anyone that has any more details about these two, feel free to post what you know.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So is color scanning an option on the Kip 5000? Can it direct copy to HPs? or just scan to file.

I can't wait to see this new Dev unit.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes the color scanning is an option on the 5000 and yes this same option allows printing/copying to inkjet printers.

Desertdog
resident

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: What's new Reply with quote Back to top

Probably jumping the gun on this, but does anyone have the "scoop" on this year's show?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kip color 80 and the Dallas Cowgirls will be there. Oh, and maybe the KIP color 80 will actually print at this show. No more "what's that over there, grab a print from the already printed stack and show it to the crowd". OOOO!

I think the smoke and mirrors are on back order from KIP right now.

MasterBlaster
intern

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIPDOCTOR wrote:
Kip color 80 and the Dallas Cowgirls will be there. Oh, and maybe the KIP color 80 will actually print at this show. No more "what's that over there, grab a print from the already printed stack and show it to the crowd". OOOO!

I think the smoke and mirrors are on back order from KIP right now.

The KC80 printed last year, I personally saw it make many prints. It was printing at this show also, the only difference is they let people take the prints this year.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification. At least your information I trust as being accurate.

Sorry if I offended, not as I intended. I was told by more than one person last year that it was a smoke and mirror show. I guess I should have gone there myself to check it out personally. Hmmm, I am sure that would go over big at the K camp.

Desertdog
resident

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Master, a couple of questions. Did Kip give any info for possible release of the KC80? Were their any new releases from the competition? And last but not least, How did the Cowgirls look;)?

MasterBlaster
intern

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Desertdog wrote:
Hey Master, a couple of questions. Did Kip give any info for possible release of the KC80? Were their any new releases from the competition? And last but not least, How did the Cowgirls look;)?

Kip just said "After the summer, they are still looking at potential markets." They also didn't have a price available on the machine or operating costs.

There wasn't any new releases of any high speed large format color products, just the same old ink jets. It seems like the monochrome market is about the same also.

The cheerleaders looked pretty good, they were sitting behind a table so you couldn't see their legs though. Sad

Kareem Abdul Jabar was at Arc's booth signing copies of his new book, man is he tall!

It seems the show is getting smaller and smaller each year, I am not sure if I will attend in the future.

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have 2 KIP 9020 under my care and they are running fine except for the red toner that creates a lot of problem. It always flashes LO-2 even though there's still a lot of toner in the cartridge you have to tap the end of the dev. assy to help drop the toner down. Also it makes the drum having build up of nasty toner and pre-maturely wear the drum and fuser roller.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Stories All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: