Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Image Skew

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Image Skew Reply with quote Back to top

A have a KIP 3000 in the field with approx. 30,000 square feet on it. The customer has started printing 36x48 drawings on it, and it continually skews the paper. I have adjusted fuser pressure, exchanged the fuser from another KIP 3000, switched roll feed spindles, rotated paper from front spindle to rear spindel, checked the paper itself, and it continually skews. I removed the front cover and marked the left edge of the paper with a line on the cutter. Everytime the paper feeds up exactly straight and on the line, but by the time the 48" is at the cutter the paper has moved sometimes as much as 1/2" either way of the line. Sometimes so much that it jams in the machine, but mostly in the 1/8 to 1/4 range. Once cut, the roll backs down and as it comes back up for the next print it is on the line again. I'm suspecting the pocket clutch now, but throwing it out for some other feed back.
Thanks,

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen the cutter itself cause this issue. It won't sho on 24x36 prints but on 30x42 prints it would skew 4-5 mm. The cutter assm does have adjustment lines on the right side to make the adjustment up or down.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info, I'll check that out tomorrow.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Something else you might want to look at. Try printing on a cut sheet with the bypass say 36x48 and see if the print skews. If i does you might want to look at the closing of the process unit. (part you open to get to the T&S assy) If one side is closed tighter than the other you might be pulling the paper more on one side than the other.

Good Luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: