Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Another great KIP RSM gone!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worried KIP dealer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Another great KIP RSM gone!!! Reply with quote Back to top

I have it from a reliable inside source that Mike the RSM from Chigago has left or is leaving KIP. Too bad, he was one of the few good sources of info. We will miss him. Man, they are dropping like flies in the land of the BIG K. I also heard that the big K is not going to replace him. Gonna try to cover it from Michigan. Before you know it they will be covering the whole country from MIchigan. I also heard there is a shake up coming down in the Northeast. Not real sure of the details about that one. Let's start a pool to bet on the next RSM to drop. MY vote goes to the south east. We have seen lots of problems there.

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: KIP STORIES Reply with quote Back to top

Alex is already gone from Southeast. Too late.

What does an RSM do other than chant the party line from Michigan anyway?

Many companies, once they reach the point of dealer saturation, cut loose their outside sales forces, as they are expensive. A dealer calls his RSM, the RSM calls KIP, KIP calls the RSM, the RSM calls the dealer and gets his voice mail. Not too efficient.

Better to let them all go and share some of the savings with the dealers, (think advertising co-op). Some of them are out there selling against the dealers anyway, or funneling leads to dealers they have "arrangements" with.

KIP KRAZY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: KIP Stories Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Worried,

Let's organize a pool, with odds and everything. Here goes:

Oliver Pain: 3:2 Oce still rules Boston.

Al Gillis: 2:1 Region is saturated.

Tim Horn: 4:1 May be tired of life at K-mart

"Shakeup"=cost cutting. Who cares as long as they build good box?
The 3000 will bring prospective dealers banging down doors in Detriot.

Our sales will not be affected by RSM's leaving.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The doctor has to step in here. For those that don't know, RSM stands for Regional Service Manager. These are the guys you try to call when you have a service question and are banging your head against a wall. These guys are VERY important to any dealer. I have heard the rumor about Mike. I have not heard anything about the Northeast. As far as who could be next, I would rather not speculate. I still have lots of friends over at
K mart. All I really know is that when an RSM leaves you had better react quickly and smartly. Two things K mart didn't do when I left. (they still have not replaced my position in New England). I saw the writing on the wall. I think reprodoggie is on the right track. K mart is going to be a very different company after this 3000 launches. Very little, if any service and sales handled by a couple of top notch negotiators at the ranch. This is just this doctor's opinion, go ahead and get a second. I will not be insulted.
Any K mart spies care to comment? Anonimously of course.

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes its a shame good people are leaving. But lets try to figure out why?
Maybe the Sale's Force tht have arrangements are infact funneling sale's to dealers with service that leaves out 2 major issues for RSM's and Techs.
1. Job security for techs/RSM's eventually if there isnt any service contracts you only need a few top notch guys to handle the issues for dealers.
2. the all mighty $- No contract=No Raise's=No Commission= No extra $

Bottom Line Lets Work with Big K and help them see the light as we do and Hopefully we all will be on the same page and Crush the Non Kip companies!

Just remeber Fella's The grass sometime's isnt always greener on the otherside and I also seen SOME BIG DOG DEALERS Do some shady stuff as well!(NOT POINTING ANY FINGERS AT REPRODOGGIE) HOWEVER THERE ARE SALE"S AND DEALERS THAT HAVE HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDES. IF WE STAND TOGETHER WE CAN CREATE the next generation of IRGA networking here with all the benifits,conventions, and purchasing power !

Just think outside the box !! If you guysa are serious contact me and I will get this going !!! And I hope toi see the doc and dog to come aboard, As they know i dont play games, I make my own rules as I go along and wish to help others along they way !!!!

Lets do this !!!

Master Po

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: KIP Stories Reply with quote Back to top

Many techs who have gone into business for themselves have failed to take the long view of things.

1. KIP will never authorize you. As your customer's machines age and require more parts, you will be compelled to raise service costs to the point where they will have to buy new equipment, likely from an authorized dealer.

2. As you account bases dwindle, you will face rising expenses with no way to rebalance your customer portfolios to include newer equipment as you will not have access to it.

3. With the advent of the 3000, a KIP dealership will become a more sought after commodity, putting KIP in a position to be very harsh with those dealers who funnel equipment to independants.

4. The result of all this is that some independants will be acquired by larger, better financed dealers, or face a slow march to extinction.

5. The only way to survive long term is to have a dealership. Many KIP Dealers who have gone to Ricoh will go back to KIP once the 3000 arrives.
Independants will have to sell equipment to maintain their field populations.

6. KIP can not authorize independants who break away from KIP or larger dealers as that would seriously damage their relationship with those dealers and undermine the structural integrity of KIP itself.

These are just observations grasshopper, there is every chance I am wrong.

Think long term, they do.

The Master

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure to whom you are speaking master po, however i am certian that The techs that I have come accross are far wiser than that.

I would hope they have a long term game.

As for them dealing with other dealers, isnt Kips ultimate goal getting the numbers and sale's up?
So doesnt this include allowing a free market to purchase and sell to customers?

Last i checked its free enterprise, I would hope this doesnt become an arc sitituation, The big guys you are talking about ussually over extend themselves and then fail after a while while the little engine that could still continues and plucks along on his steady course!

I agree We all want the $ but we loose focus when The little guy or independents are taken on.
Look at arc- Bought up every mom and pop and large companies that they could get therer hands on. now the NEW mom and pops are killing them I know of at least 6 shops that have closed due to loss of business by independents!

Also What is an independent a guy that freelance's for himself or takes a few customers. I have had techs leave and took an account or two, then after a while they came back.
Everything goes full circle.

I also believe the 3000 is gonna be the next wave to make kip stand above the rest just like the 8000.
But dont Kill the little guys or independents, cause I am firm believer in what goes around comes around,
There is always someone smarter and hungrier than the next guy,

The solution isnt to be pissed people want to better themselves, but to acknowledge them for trying and possibly they can and will assist kip in any way possible IE this forum doesnt hurt kip it helps!
I have had guys leave and I dont begrudge them for there reasons, weather it be monies or advancement. And i still give assistance to them.

It when a few people and or dealers want to keep all the apples forthemselve's when trouble starts.

Remeber we all put our pants on 1 leg at time, the only difference is how big THE BALLS ARE IN BETWEEN!!!

I seriouly hope The doc and this forum succeed and eventually coexist with KIP, ,

By the way if Master PO if you want to aquire us I would love an offer.
I can even stay on and help, why not make an offer like Arc has, I would love to entertain it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Stories All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: