Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Internal Voltage Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDRepro
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Internal Voltage Error Reply with quote Back to top

One of my clients called today with an "Internal Voltage Error E301-E-034 Cycle Power" error on their 3000 today. They have cycled the power, leaving the machine off for 10 minutes each time, but still receive this error. I was hoping to get some insite before I visited them!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The front panel on the machine will tell you exactly which one of those errors is occuring... Either a corona is shorting or there is a short in the developer. You mentioned that they get the error right away.. that leads me to the developer, because the wires arn't lit up until there is a print.. although most offen, this issue is the main charge.. You can unplug the leads going to the dev rollers to isolate the short if that is the problem. I believe KIP has bulletin /s regarding dev shorts..

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check your e-mail. I sent you the KIP Tech Tip regarding this if you haven't seen it. Hope it helps.

joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have a client with the same problem i couldn t find any info on this issue so i ordered the hv. do you have the bulletin number?
thanks
joe

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Same Problem Reply with quote Back to top

I ran into this with one of my customer and found out that the screws on the exit door was loose and when paper would be feed out it would cause the cover switch to break for just a sec and give a votage error since I tighten the screw no more problem I now all call check this and after I tighten the screw I cover the side of the screw head to the cover with some fingernail polish to lock into place.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It actually a Tech Tip from KIP TIP K105-003b and K105-004

Joe if you had an e-mail address I would e-mail them to you if you didn't have them.

MDRepro
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I cleaned all the contacts on the dev rollers and that seemed to fix the problem! Thanks for all the responses!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

chillin, i sent you a pm message. i didn t have my e-mail turned on.if you have those bulletins you can e-mail them to me.
thanks again for your help.
joe

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a troublesom Developer Unit. It is on the shelf that I have ready at all times to swap out at a customer's site. I put this one in a customer's machine and 2 hours later they started getting the Internal Voltage Error right on start up. So I pull the Output 1 plug and the error goes away. It is the supply roller. I brint it back to the office and replace the new supply roller with another new one. I made sure that there were no grease or toner contacting other things that could make it arch. I also replaced the holder and the spring leafs. So it has been sitting for about a month. This morning I go to put it into another customer's machine and I get the same error right off the bat. Put the customer's original one back and it prints. I know if I pull Output 1 on the right side, it'll print with bad quality, for obvious reasons, but it'll print. What gives?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dlee
Check your e-mail for the TB's I sent you. Read the 2nd TB especially the clip they point out. Usually I put a meter on the end of the supply roller shaft then to lower drive gear. Turn the developer unit and make sure there is no continunity. Also check the end of the shaft to the develpoer frame.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New customer same problem. My other tech swapped out the dev. unit and now getting errors. I see that he has swapped in the troublesome dev. unit so I redo their dev. unit and replace. All was good. Now they call and am getting the same error, with a different dev unit. What on the machine can cause this if it is not the dev. unit. I think my other tech must've messed with some settings to try to fix the issue, but he unexpectedly is no longer with my company.

I will check on the 2 tech tips, though. 003b and 004.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can also check the display panel on the front of the printer on the right hand side about half way up. It will display a E-51, E-52, E-53, or E-54. This is more specific in the error and location of the error.

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it is indeed a voltage leak with regard to the dev.. You can unplug the leads one by one on the left side of the machine to isolate the the problem and troubleshoot from there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: