Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Standby Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
New2KIP
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Standby Problems Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new to the KIP products, and still have much to learn. I'm currently experiencing a problem with the KIP3000 and the standby mode. My customer complains that the machine turns off every hour and the only way for them to use it again is to unlpug the power cord and by plugging it back in.

I've read through all the manuals and bulletins that I could lay my toner stained hands on, and I've done several settings, including, turning warm and cold sleep off from both the touch panel and the maintenance mode. I set all Windows settings to make sure that the computer stays on and no screen saver is started. I've also set the machine to sleep at 6pm and wake at 6am. but the problem still persists. All that I haven't done is checked the power settings in the BIOS of the computer, but I'll be doing that tomorrow.

If anybody has any ideas of what I could do, please help!!! I would appreciate it very much.

At the moment I only have two of these machines in the field, the other I installed, and the only time i go to the customer is to drink coffee. In almost a year not one service call was logged. but with the other machine, at least once a week i have a problem.

Also, you last thing. I had a offline version of the KIP UI and unattend that was great to use to assist my customers telephonically. I got a new laptop, but now the installation package is corrupt and I can't re-install it. Does anybody know where I can get a copy of this software again.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First thing I would do is go into the controller and check the time on it. It could be 12 hours off. So if you have it set for 6 am wake up and 6pm shut off, it'll actually be trying to shut itself down between 6am and 6pm real time. Don't ask me how I know.

On the UI and Unattend, I'm not sure about a dummy program. We have a couple in-house machines that I VNC into if I need to walk a client through, over the phone.

New2KIP
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx for the advise. it makes a hell of a lot of sense!

bigdaddycool
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Unattend "dummy program" Reply with quote Back to top

Back in the day (4.0-5.x) you set up an external controller to run without printing by setting "Hardware connect=False" in the untd.ini
Anyone try this with the 6.x /IPS software?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: